Item Relisted! FS 1967 Belgium Browning BAR .270

Jason280

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-1967-belgium-browning-bar-270.1863782/
Item Name: FS 1967 Belgium Browning BAR .270

Zip Code: 31061

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $695

Caliber: .270

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: EMAILS ONLY!
EMAILS ONLY!

Please send ALL messages to Jason280@gmail.com

PayPal preferred (gift or add 3%), email me for the correct address

***FFL must accept from private individual

Browning BAR .270, made in Belgium. SN indicates 1967, which would make it a first year of production rifle. Buehler base/ring set, with Nikon Buckmasters 3-9x40 scope (duplex reticle). Rifle is in 100% mechanical condition, but does show some wear. Specifically, it has some light freckling on the receiver, and wear marks on the receiver opposite of action. See pics below, email me with any questions.

Rifle with base/rings/scope: $775

Rifle with base/rings: $695

***will not sell scope separate of package

Jason280@gmail.com

P59JylO.jpg

tdtK9uu.jpg

6nxHElp.jpg

Nd7w5Jc.jpg

vP5NCsQ.jpg

vm90pW9.jpg

Will consider trades for:
-ACOGs (compacts, or 3x)
-6.5 Grendel uppers, components, ammo, reloading stuff
-Vortex Viper PST 1-4x, 2.5-10x, 4-16x mil optics
-mil/mil tactical scopes with 17-25x max power
-Nice spotting scopes
-UBR collapsible stock assemblies or similar
-7mm-08 match die, dies, components
-neck thickness mic gauge
-brass prep equipment
-A3/A4 uppers (complete with dust cover & forward assist)
-free float 12-15" railed keymod forends
-bulk .224 cal 55-52gr FMJs, 60-64gr bonded, 69-77gr BTHP's
-bulk .264 cal match or hunting bullets
-bulk .284/7mm 150-168gr BTHP match bullets
-bulk .308 cal 155-178gr match bullets
-7mm-08 or .260 1x fired brass
-AR15 30rd magazines
-flip up rear AR sights
I will consider other trades, email me with what you have.
Jason280@gmail.com

That is a nice rifle. I really like it and I don't think the freckling looks bad. If it's not deep the freckling can pretty easily be removed with believe it or not....a penny.

It's got to be an older copper penny from before 1982 since the older pennies have a higher copper content. Since copper is softer than steel it won't harm the bluing or finish. Lightly rub it with the flat side of the penny. Some of the copper will transfer to the rifle but once you wipe it down with a rust remover like WD-40 or something of that nature you'll be pleased with the outcome. I just did this with my father in law's 1965 Marlin 336. It knocked off several years from it's appearance...kind of like Oil of Olay I guess.

That is a nice rifle. I really like it and I don't think the freckling looks bad. If it's not deep the freckling can pretty easily be removed with believe it or not....a penny.

It's got to be an older copper penny from before 1982 since the older pennies have a higher copper content. Since copper is softer than steel it won't harm the bluing or finish. Lightly rub it with the flat side of the penny. Some of the copper will transfer to the rifle but once you wipe it down with a rust remover like WD-40 or something of that nature you'll be pleased with the outcome. I just did this with my father in law's 1965 Marlin 336. It knocked off several years from it's appearance...kind of like Oil of Olay I guess.

Brass works very well too. It will cut the rust but will not cut the blueing. If the rust has made it through the blueing it will leave a shiny spot.

I hear ya man. Same trouble here.
Reading your posts makes it obvious that you have much love for the BAR.

It's been a lifelong love affair. They are a little big and heavy, but they are tanks and built to last. They drive tacks too. These old Belgium made BAR's are getting harder to come by, and this is a grade 2. I also love .270...This is a good deal for somebody.

Back
Top Bottom