• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Relisted! FS 22,750 Copper Pennies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually they are worth less than 1 cent if you have to drop them all in a machine to get cash. Coinstar takes 8.9% in fees.

227.50 - 8.9% =$207
Thats not sorting anything; that's turning in your change at 10% less the value out of laziness or time constraints

What dude is selling is raw metal in the form of pennies, same as junk silver

If you gents dont get the economics of it or dont feel its worth your time then dont buy it but why yall ****ting over this dudes listing just because yall dont get it?

Yep but it's worth 1 cent, 22,750 = $227.50. It's like these bozo's on here that buy a Glock and spend another $500 on upgrades. It's still a Glock and worth only it's face value. If your pennies are worth $450 for the copper then take them down to the recycle center and see what you can get. Other wise a penny is a penny nothing more and nothing less.

A silver dollar is one dollar but it is worth about 18 because of the silver in it! And you don't melt silver dollars!!

A silver dollar is one dollar but it is worth about 18 because of the silver in it! And you don't melt silver dollars!!
Again what it's worth to you and what you'll get for them is two different issues. If it's worth more to you than the face value then again I suggest you take them to a recycle center. I'm pretty sure you'll not receive anything other than face value from the lot here on ODT.
Pre '62 pennies where made with 95% copper. From '62-'82 90% copper. From then on at best 10% copper. So unless you're going to go through and separate all them pennies you're pretty much going to have to settle for face value.
At best if all are pre'82 pennies their worth would be in the $340 range.
Silver is a whole different discussion.

There have been several attempts by Congress to abolish the penny as currency because it costs about $.03 each to make them. When the Penney is no longer being minted, you’ll be able to legally melt them down.

Again what it's worth to you and what you'll get for them is two different issues. If it's worth more to you than the face value then again I suggest you take them to a recycle center. I'm pretty sure you'll not receive anything other than face value from the lot here on ODT.
Pre '62 pennies where made with 95% copper. From '62-'82 90% copper. From then on at best 10% copper. So unless you're going to go through and separate all them pennies you're pretty much going to have to settle for face value.
At best if all are pre'82 pennies their worth would be in the $340 range.
Silver is a whole different discussion.
naw, all pennies 1981 and before are 95% copper

1982 has a mix. they did change the composition of the penny in the 50s and 60s i believe, but the copper percent remained the same

and silver aint really a different discussion.....i wonder if in 1965 there were folks saying the same thing about silver coins

naw, all pennies 1981 and before are 95% copper

1982 has a mix. they did change the composition of the penny in the 50s and 60s i believe, but the copper percent remained the same

and silver aint really a different discussion.....i wonder if in 1965 there were folks saying the same thing about silver coins
I respectfully disagree, and this ain't 1965.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom