• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Relisted! FS Airstream Trailer

Really makes me want to buy one of these now and go camping in the woods...

Sorry to see that though, these things go for a small fortune these days. You could probably part it out to recover some of it, but I'll bet if you find the right place to advertise someone will pick it up as a project.

Homeowners doesn't cover this I'm guessing.

That’s now spare parts for someone who is repairing a trailer

And maybe a good VIN and title ?

That’s way beyond fixing

Unless you wanna do like the the above post and cut off the mashed part and make a door

Depending on learning a little sheet metal. The airstreams is essentially an aircraft design. All of that can be repaired.

Yeah it looks ugly. But figure out what pieces can be salvaged and carefully remove the rivits from the damaged pieces.

Sheetmetal isn’t hard work but it is a little intimidating. The corner bits will need to be shaped on a English wheel.

Fortunately you have a “Chinese blueprint” of what the pieces used to look like.

The actual riveting isn’t that hard. Like someone else posted, just a bunch of cleco’s.

Look online for Sheetmetal aircraft videos. You can get a pretty good idea how things go together. Google English wheel and you should find out how they will need to shape the corners.

Don’t give up yet.

BTW I am an aircraft mechanic.

Back
Top Bottom