• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS B. Searcy & Co 470 Nitro Express - Cased, Ammo, Accessories

David4570

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/th...nitro-express-cased-ammo-accessories.1162781/
Item Name: FS B. Searcy & Co 470 Nitro Express - Cased, Ammo, Accessories

Zip Code: 30040

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 13,000

Caliber: 470NE

Willing to Ship: Yes

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: OK kids we have a B. Searcy .470NE here that HAS BEEN TO AFRICA and taken a cull [i.e., problem] bull elephant. The original owner sent me the pic so I have to tell you the critter is dead and the hunter lived. Mid – 80s build on a BSS action, upgrades apparent in pics include beautiful engraving and GOLD inlays. Note the ghost front sight; bluing wear appropriate for barrel carry throughout Africa. Note all the ammo and accessories included – everything needed to prep for that once-in-a-lifetime adventure. Minor scratches and dents give character; email for any desired detailed pics. Regulated with included Federal ammo – groups at 50yds print ½” perfect groups. Practice ammo groups 3” @50yds and on at 100yds with cast 400s and Hornady .475 XTPs meant for the .480 Ruger. My regimen has been to practice @100yds with cast & slower XTP loads, then shoot a few doubles @50 with the ‘Big Boy’ loads. This is a lot of gun – maybe the most you will EVER have to deal with! In Maker’s case. Hornady dies, Lee Factory Crimp die and snap caps. Will include all internet research documents.
SELLER pays shipping to lower 48. 3-day non-firing inspection; refund minus shipping if returned. Case, ammo and accessories will ship once inspection period is over. Additional $35 fee if your FFL requires me to ship FFL/FFL.

Pictures:
searcy-1-jpg.770214

searcy-3-jpg.770215

searcy-17-jpg.770216

searcy-18-jpg.770217

searcy-2-jpg.770218

Suh-weet. But out-o'-my price range, and wrong-stocked for me.

I love shooting the .470s though. Enough kick to get your attention, but not enough to permanently damage anything.

Word of wisdom for anyone that buys a double: you can't do load development on a Lead Sled. The groups will never converge.

Thanks, guys - good info in both posts and NO, I do not shoot this sucker from the bench! Dain Brammage is not a myth - I own some Big Boys and this sucker is the one you MUST condition yourself to. I like the fact that the Searcys tend to shoot a wide range of loads well - that's what got me into this weapon. BE HONEST when you're thinking about a double - will it ever go to Africa? My thing is that , if you have the 'double bug', get something that will run the gamut of 'wimpy-to-....' and save some time and money. I shoot the following doubles: 11mm Mauser, .500BPE, 577/500 No.2, 7x65R, 9.3x74R, .470NE, .50, .54 and .58 Muzzle-loader. I don't want you to 'get too much gun' - it took me almost a year to shoot this well. The starting load for this will kill ANYTHING. PEROID. Time-travel if you want - NOTHING that EVER LIVED will survive if you do your part.... MY 577-500 is a bit finicky but this piece isn't. Shoot it. Get used to it & you'll love it.

I saw this and was shocked. My first thought was that someone had misspelled 'Sears'......

My .375 rattles my brain enough but when you have it lined up on a large beast on the Eastern Cape you don't even notice it! A left handed stock would make this harder to dismiss......

Armourbearer - of course I'd finance! Half down, half on delivery, 90-days same-as-cash, cash, cashier's check, indentured servitude - all the traditional payment methods. It's a lot of gun. Who was it that said 'no such thing as too much gun'? I'm not sure that jaybird ever lit off a .470NE....

Restocked to lefty might make it regulate wrong, kuduman and formula1guy....

The regulation might be affected switching the stock. That said, I have done load development on a RH Kreighoff .470 double, shooting it left-handed, and got it to regulate. With 104 grains of powder, as I recall, under a 500 gr. Barnes solid and X. We got both barrels and both types of bullet to hit in one group at 50. It was easy once we figured out that the Lead Sled was hosing up the convergence.

I've got a .458 Lott, and the .470 NE has comparable recoil. But the double swings faster, is better balanced, and obviously has an immediate second shot available. Plus it's a lot shorter. I'd buy one if I could afford one. In the meantime I just do the loading for my friends that can afford them.

Back
Top Bottom