Item Relisted! FS/FT 1943 30caliber M-1 carbine

Ahab

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-ft-1943-30caliber-m-1-carbine.1037134/
Item Name: FS/FT 1943 30caliber M-1 carbine

Zip Code: 30052

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: $1500.00
Trade Value or Items Looking For: $3000.00

Caliber: 30

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: Yes

Billing Information: Address, phone

Item Description: old m 1 carbine. 1943 yes the Woodstock is all original never been changed or restained or varnished. This baby shoots like a dream went out yesterday and popped off a few..

Pictures:
part_1445384443232-jpg.577607

Last edited:
Item Name: FS/FT 1943 30caliber M-1 carbine

Item Description: 87 years old m-1 carbine. Made by the Newport meter company. They only made this rifle for six months. It's very rare collector item. I have it priced for a quick sale . Please, no low balling. My price is firm.

In for close-up pic of the receiver. I've never heard of a contract for M1 carbines going to a company with that name. It's a National Postal Meter carbine or I'm about to learn something new today.

In for close-up pic of the receiver. I've never heard of a contract for M1 carbines going to a company with that name. It's a National Postal Meter carbine or I'm about to learn something new today.
I'll post more pictures of the rifle when I get home from work some nice close ups

Also, give us the serial number so we can verify manufacture date.

Might also strip it down and show the build marks on all the major parts.

Rear sights, safety button/lever, bolt, even the barrel band.

Helps validate value and condition.

Well it sure seems to be a nice rifle but I have to question the stated manufacture. Take a close look and I believe you will find it is a National Postal Meter. The old war horse has definitely been through a rebuild judging by the barrel band and rear sight. Check the stock for any stamp marks or numbering. Check the barrel also for any possible import marks. These old rifles got around and most of them are pot luck surprise when it comes to components. If you can post a pic of muzzle wear with a gauge.

Back
Top Bottom