Item Relisted! FS Hook Boutin built M1A

GodBlessTheUSA

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
I brought down the Iron Curtain
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-hook-boutin-built-m1a.2212090/
Item Name: FS Hook Boutin built M1A

Location: NE GA (Toccoa to Clayton to Cornelia) Will drive to Bass Pro

Zip Code: 30577

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $3000

Caliber: .308

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Another beauty I bought and just don’t shoot.

This M1A was built by the late, great Hook Boutin. Springfield receiver with mostly HRA components (barrel [7 of 62], trigger group, Op Rod). Hook bedded the stock for a tight fit. NM Spring Guide, NM Flash Suppressor, NM Piston, NM rear sight, GI front (despite the handwritten note that says NM Sights, the front sight looks wide enough to not be NM, and I don’t see the NM stamp and post sight width stamped on the side of the front sight). Knurled Barrel, shimmed Barrel Band and Gas Cylinder, Relieved Hand Guard. TRW bolt. Springfield M14 Stock.

I have two or three magazines to go with it. At least one is still in the plastic.

I purchased this from a friend of Hook’s who is a former president of the Garand Collectors’ Association. I don’t doubt his word, or Hook’s work. G. “Hook” J. Boutin has gone to the great high-power match in the sky and they don’t make ‘em like this anymore.

ME = 0, TE = 0

I have fired this beauty only a few times (as in less than 50) over the past several years. It is a remarkable firearm and deserves an owner who will shoot it and appreciate it more than I've been able to do.

Thinning the herd; I just want to sell, so no trades please.

I live near Toccoa, willing to drive as far as Gainesville, or Bass Pro.

Pictures:
img_1474-jpg.885033

img_1482-jpg.885034

img_1493-jpg.885036
img_1490-jpg.885035
img_1498-jpg.885037

Back
Top Bottom