Item Relisted! FS Swedish Mauser M-38 + extras

Noah'sArk

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-swedish-mauser-m-38-extras.2137443/
Item Name: FS Swedish Mauser M-38 + extras

Zip Code: 30318

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $550

Caliber: 6.5X55

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Swedish Mauser M-38 (per Barrel markings). I am pretty sure it falls into the following description: "
The Model 1938 rifle (6,5 mm Gevär m/38) was adopted in 1938 as part of a worldwide trend (which began just before World War I) towards service rifles that were shorter in overall length than a standard infantry rifle, but longer than a cavalry carbine. Contemporary examples such as the Mauser Karabiner 98k, Short Magazine Lee–Enfield No I Mk III, MAS-36, and M1903 Springfield were all noticeably shorter than a standard late 19th century infantry rifle, and with another war on the horizon the Swedes felt it would be expedient to adopt a shorter rifle for use by mechanized troops and the Navy.

The original m/1938 rifles (Type I) were converted m/1896 rifles with barrels cut down by 5.5" (139mm) and almost always with the original straight bolt handles. These rifles are often referred to by collectors as "m/96-38" rifles, but there was never an official designation for this conversion.[9]

-All numbers match except for 2 which seems correct with them being altered M-96's. I have all original parts and can easily be put back on but on the gun now is an extra bent bolt, aftermarket trigger and sights.
-Extras: 4 boxes of ammo, stripper clips, 3 head space gauges, aftermarket adjustable trigger, after market mojo sights, end sight adjustment tool, Swedish but not period specific scope mount, extra bolt, cleaning kit.

Gun is in great conditions. Great history if you look into it. Great shooting gun.
I am selling to fund other projects so I am not interested in trades.
I am only interested in meeting local (Vinings, Smyrna, Marietta, Mid Atlanta)
I think the price is fair given the typical sale price of these and all the extras included.

Pictures:
img_0618-jpg.2430980

img_0619-jpg.2430981

img_0620-jpg.2430982

img_0628-jpg.2430983

img_0624-jpg.2430984

Back
Top Bottom