Item Relisted! FS Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120 - Red

CouchManDo

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
Reaction score
The fine print first: I'm not interested in trades at this time. Cash only - physical cash, not Paypal, Venmo or other service. To save you an email, if this ad is up, the kayak is still available. All transactions will take place near downtown Roswell in the driveway at my house, next to my neighbor's police car. Note that if the kayak doesn't sell, I will drop the price like it's hot every few days; so instead of sending a "What's your lowest price?" email, just wait until the price meets your expectations and THEN email me and come get it. I'm more interested in slowly freeing up garage space as opposed to needing to sell quickly.

This is a 2015 model year Kayak that I purchased new from the Cedar Creek Outdoor Center in 2019. To be clear, this was a display model, not a used model from their livery. I bought if after selling my two sit-in Tsunami kayaks, thinking I might like a sit-on top, which I now realize I don't. I used this twice, once on that lake up near Helen (the name escapes me) and once on the Chestatee. I got busy with life, stored it in my garage, and realized this week that this is taking up too much space in my garage. I'm not sure why it took me 4 years to come to that conclusion, but here we are. My loss is your gain. Because it's been climate controlled and used very little, you're getting a closet queen. No dry rotting, no tears in the mesh seat, plenty of elasticity in the bungee, and few visible scratches on the bottom. There are a few black spots which look like small specks of tar on the underside bow of the boat. I've tried to highlight the main defects in the photos below.

If you're looking for a stable fishing platform, I think this would be it. I'm 6'4", 260lbs, and never felt like it would flip over. On the other hand, you don't get the speed of a comparable sit-in.

I'm going to give the purchaser of this boat first dibs on the following accessories and if they don't sell, I'll come back here and list them individually. These are in like-new condition, same as the kayak.

Malone Auto Racks FS 3 Kayak Storage Rack System - $120. Has casters so you can roll it around.

Werner Skagit FG paddle: $40.

Astral Linda Medium/Large Life Jacket: $40. I just realized that this is a women's pfd...who knew? Oh well, it fits me and I still feel manly wearing it. You will too.

TMS kayak/canoe dolly: $20.

Yakima round bars (2), 66" (part # 8000410): $60. New - never installed/used.

Specs

Hull material:
Polyethylene
Length: 12"
Width: 30"
Weight: 63 lbs (from the manufacturer's website)
Weight capacity: 350 lbs.
Model #: 9750215040 (Google this number for more specs)

FAQ

0. Where are you located, generally?

Near the stinky Kroger on Marietta Highway (970 Marietta Highway), close to downtown Roswell.

1. Why are you selling it?

It's taking up too much space in my garage and I haven't used the kayak in years.

3. What else are you selling?

If you go to Craigslist and search for "police car guitar," you'll find some guitars I'm selling. I would list them here but I'm lazy.

4. Do you accept one-dollar bills?

I'll accept a few, but not hundreds of them. I remember one time when this guy showed up to buy a $700 guitar from me. He paid with 700 1-dollar bills. I'm assuming he had a stripper girlfriend; there's nothing wrong with that, I'm just not sure how anyone accumulates that many dollar bills outside of money laundering. That's way too much counting for me.

5. When is the next price drop?

Monday 7/10 at 5:00 p.m.

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 71
  • five.jpg
    five.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 72
  • four.jpg
    four.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 71