Item Relisted! FT Remington Model 7 in 257 Roberts *RARE*

mormsby8

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
Reaction score
I know I’m going to get a metric FT of questions on this one so I’m going to try and answer as many as I can in this description. What we have here is a Remington Model 7 in 257 Roberts sitting in an HS Precision stock. I know what you’re thinking. Remington didn’t make a model 7 HS precision in 257 Roberts. The only model 7’s that were made in 257 Roberts were the curly maple stock limited edition and the custom shop mannlicher. You’re right. I bought this as a barreled action from a guy on another forum and had it bedded into an HS precision stock. The work was done by Miles Gibby of Gibby’s Custom Rifles. It has a trigger tech trigger and Talley rings. It has Remington bottom metal, box, and spring. The fella I bought this from said it originally came from Dakota Arms which is now Park West Arms which also used to be a Remington service center. I called them and verified via the serial number that it had in fact passed through there at some point. They didn’t have any record of the work that was done to the gun just that it had passed through there at some point for service or assembly. I have a couple theories on where this gun came from:

1.) Somebody removed this barreled action from the curly maple stock it originally came in.
2.) The barrel and action was sold by a company like pacific tool and gauge and someone bought and had it assembled by Dakota/parkwest.

Other questions you might have:

1.) Have I ever fired this gun? No, if I do I’ll probably want to keep it.
2.) Has this gun ever been fired? If it has it’s been fired very little. No marks on the bolt face that suggest this gun has been fired much if at all.
3.) Do I have any ammo to go with the gun? Yep, three fresh boxes of 117g Winchester Super X.
4.) What’s the cash price? Well, it’s gonna be higher than a giraffes you know what. I really just want to trade. So, $1800.
5.) I see you have a model 7 KS custom shop in 7-08 with original box and docs for sale/trade as well. Can we bundle those and make a deal? You bet we can. I’ll take $3400 for both or a trade.

Attachments

• IMG_5090.jpeg
    IMG_5090.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_5092.jpeg
    IMG_5092.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_5091.jpeg
    IMG_5091.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_5093.jpeg
    IMG_5093.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_5094.jpeg
    IMG_5094.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_5095.jpeg
    IMG_5095.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_5096.jpeg
    IMG_5096.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 315
Wow. The one time something like this pops up and I don’t have what he wants for trade. If you guys don’t know what this is you need to look it up. Amazing shooter and a good guy to deal with. Glws!

Back
Top Bottom