• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Relisted! Steyr AUG A3 NATO stock assembly

I will be doing that for sure. In fact, I just picked up a NATO trigger pack from Steyr. No idea when the stocks will be available, but at least they have them on their web store.

I have been really tempted to pick up an AUG parts kit because they just seem so cheap but then I look at cost to finish one and its insane
heads up the parts kits that are out there like the malaysian ones are auto kits meaning just about any receiver or bcg you buy to use for them will not be compatible.

The APEX military surplus Steyr Aug kits include everything except receiver and barrel,, so if one wants to build it out for semi-auto function then a semi-auto receiver, a semi-auto hammer pack and a barrel must be sourced.

The surplus AUG kit’s shell (or stock), the bolt and bolt carrier will be fine for semi-auto.

I have a black STANAG (NATO) Steyr Aug shell (or stock) and hammer pack for $500 in Norcross.

The surplus are auto stocks that require a significant amount of work to use with semi auto receivers to where youre essentially just making a machine gun. The kits for most users are pretty junk outside of using the bolt and cleaning kit

Youre saying that you personally tried to insert a semi-auto receiver into one of the military surplus kit’s plastic shells (stock) and the semi auto receiver would NOT insert.. ?
im saying per ATF requirements steyr revised the semi auto dimensions so that folks could not swap surplus auto parts into a SA gun. Very common situation that is well documented if you pend the timing researching before purchase.

Folks are more than welcome to waste their money personally attempting something that is guaranteed not to work

Nope, I have a transferable FA hammer pack that is swappable into any semi auto Steyr Aug. Stocks are not modified.
i cant speak to whatever model you have (likely a pre ban) or what you are swapping in but those malaysian kits absolutely do not work with SA receivers.

Pete athens at pj is a great resource to learn about the differences in what makes them tick. He does offer a service that converts a semi to be able to use both stocks but i doubt he would do it without an SOT

heads up the parts kits that are out there like the malaysian ones are auto kits meaning just about any receiver or bcg you buy to use for them will not be compatible.
Yep, that is pretty much what I learned googling. At the point of building one of those kits I would be more money than just buying a complete AUG. I can only imagine that people who have SOTs would find the kits really useful

Back
Top Bottom