Its 2am and something goes bump

<- thinks this thread should be renamed "Mine's Bigger Than Yours" ;-)

That being said, bump in the night at 0200h? Mossberg500, Choate stock with 5 shells of slug in the holder and 5 slugs of 00 in the weapon.

And. To the guy who mentioned Dragon's Breath shells....if you discharge one of this in your home, I hope you have fire insurance and an escape ladder. Magnesium flame + drywall = fully involved structural fire in > 10 minutes :-/

Last edited:
Border collie would be going absolute ape ****. Then, I grab the 74 or the mosin. I think I'd do the mosin, just for ****s and giggles. I'm at a real advantage, super long hallway with my bedroom on the end of it. I'd pwn ****.

Taco, I'm so glad someone else on this forum thinks like I do. M44 all the way, if I can't get the SOB on the sharp end, I'll deafen him with a single shot. Also, using said rifle solves the "What illumination will you use?" question.

My German Shepherd will let me know before the bump hits. If they can get around her they will have to deal with me. I would grab my converted Saiga 12 attached with my MD arms 20 round drum of 00 buck and rifled slugs mixed. I'll have the wife call the cops holding my glock 23.

We actually got a plan if something like that happens. I clear the hall and bedrooms and take position at the top of the stairs. When I kneel down, she gets step daughter and then step son, heads back to our bedroom and I then start to clear the rest of the house. In the bedroom, she is getting all the little ones into the bathroom, getting the Glock 21 ready and dialing 911.

Glock 22 or CZ-75B which are the nightstand pistols. I go with a full size, high capacity pistol b/c it's small, handy, way more accurate than what is needed inside my house, I can operate it 1 handed very effectively, and I can keep it close to my body (hopefully preventing it from being taken from me if caught by surprise). Also, I tend to practice much more with these guns b/c I can shoot them at indoor pistol ranges and full size pistols are just enjoyable to shoot.

The long guns are in the safe and would probably only come out if there was rioting in the streets (not unheard of anymore).

Back
Top Bottom