• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

It's all done...my AR15 build...

dunkel

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
75   0
Reaction score
Ok, finally got it done. I'm calling it my Designated Marksman Rifle AR15A4.

Started as a Black Friday sale PSA stripped lower. Ordered the 20" A4 kit from PSA (my designation, not theirs) and put it all together myself.

Matech BUIS for rear sight and regular old A2 front sight.

Scope is a Leupold 1-4x Mark AR with Burris PEPR mount.

Midwest Industries MCTAR-03 rail attached to bottom handguard.

Bipod adapter is a Caldwell. Never heard of them, but it was cheap, so I threw it on a recent order from PSA. Looks and feels good, made from aluminum. We'll see...may get a better name in the future.

Bipod is a Harris LM-S 9-13". It's the swivel model with notched legs.

Altogether, it weighs in at about 9.5 pounds empty. I got a 20 round mag for shooting off the bipod, but I think there's plenty of clearance for a 30 rounder.

I've already zeroed the scope off sandbags, but I know the bipod will change my point of impact. I might spring for a free float handguard at some point, but I'm not trying to turn this into a 500 yard tack driver.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

DMRAR15A3.jpg

It's the first one I put together myself. I had a Del-Ton AR15 several years ago, but had it put together for me. I'm working on another PSA AR15...going for a carbine, this time, little more lightweight and simple...got all the lower parts and when I get it put together, I'm gonna pick out an upper.

I got the Leupold with the mount combo for $320 shipped. I'll see if I can find the link. I had never heard of the company before, not one of the big names.

Back
Top Bottom