• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

It's just an insulated cup

I once did a test of various cups and travel mugs.
The styrofoam ones were not any better at resisting temp changes than thin glass or plastic. But a real vacuum bottle with a super thick insulated lid really works.

I can't figure our how the cup knows to keep hot things hot and cold things cold.

13528717_10154298162188875_1063561866183663118_n.jpg

I suspect that unlike the coolers all of these insulated cups are made in the same place and then re-branded. I haven't researched enough to know or care honestly. The coolers are probably where the biggest difference is, but RTIC has copied the Yeti to where the coolers are practically the same as well.

It might be dumb to spend that kind of money to some people, but those same people might spend many times that on something else I would consider dumb. It's all relative (or as someone I know says, "It's all relevant").

IMG_20160713_103032.jpg

I got all that other **** beat. Before we moved down here from Perry me and my landlord bought and 04 Jetta TDI wagon and there was a case of the promotional travel mugs in the back still in the plastic bags. Stainless inside of plastic keeps coffee hot way longer than you want it to. In fact I take the lid off when I use mine.
Cost? Zero,nothing. So it's either priceless or worthless.You decide.:cool:

I save a bunch of money by just eating and drinking everything at room temperature -- it will eventually be 98.6 anyway by the time my body uses it.

Reactions: JWC
Back
Top Bottom