It's my heritage... (pear salad)

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
Just found out that my brother and sister in law are not coming to Easter supper w/ the family. I find myself to be surprisingly happy that I don't have to share my dressing and pear salad with him. :)

Which got me to thinking and talking to people about pear salad...

My father's people got off the boat in South Carolina. My mother's people are from Alabama. I am as Southern as they come. My gf, however, is from Chicago. Her people are Italian and have never heard of pear salad. The millennials know nothing of the pear salad.

Fight the war on Northern/foreign aggression and bring back the pear salad to Sunday tables!!!

southern-pear.jpg

Fried Tomato in Newnan has it occasionally...

Haven’t been in a while and not sure if that place is up to your standards lol

Okay, let's not bring my FaceBooking food critic(ing) into the discussion :boink: Yes, I have eaten at Fried Tomato, no, it isn't up to my standards :) But, no body, and I mean no body makes pear salad like my mama. It's the extra love, I am sure...

Man I grew up finding a way to hide that stuff on my plate and not eat it. That and frigging jello with chunks of stuff in it were staples in my family for years!

I'm all in for corn bread (without damn sugar), fried anything and fresh field peas and tomatoes and mashed potatoes and gravy. And sweet tea.

Okay, let's not bring my FaceBooking food critic(ing) into the discussion :boink: Yes, I have eaten at Fried Tomato, no, it isn't up to my standards :) But, no body, and I mean no body makes pear salad like my mama. It's the extra love, I am sure...
Love pear salad! The "extra love" you speak of is Dukes mayo :hungry:

Back
Top Bottom