Joe Kurz WMA

Allsmiles

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
166   0
Reaction score
Has anyone hunted this WMA? I was told that there are some hogs on it by the local deer processor. He said that the hogs can be big; but that there are not an over abundance of them yet. You have to hunt with small game (read rim fire) type weapons as they have closed the deer season on it. I think that muzzleloaders are also allowed, need to call tomorrow. Hoping that someone has been on it before and can give me some guidance.

I grew up on a farm that is next to joe kurz and hunted it when it was owned by W. F. Gay. As a matter of a fact my father cleared the peach trees off of it for W.F.. I hunt and fish there on a regular basis and I have not seen any hog sign. I'm not saying they aren't there but I haven't seen any. Two years ago I took a nice deer on the quota hunt and I go about every two weeks to kayak. Good Luck but I'm not sure where to tell you to look.

I was told that they are there but that you have spend some time looking for them by Randy at the processor. He has a vested interest in giving out this info as he also can process them at his cooler. I'll be calling the number listed on the website and if they tell me anything I'll post it. Nothing else, it will be a good walk without ticks and chiggers eating me up.

Back
Top Bottom