• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

John Fogerty

Butshot

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
31   0
Reaction score
I just wanted to say that John Fogerty rocked out Gwinnett Arena last nite! Played all the old Creedence stuff, theme was 1969. He is a hell of a guitarist, must have played at least 10 different guitars. Had his son playing in the band too, he was also an awesome guitar player! Couple of new songs were worked in that sounded great also. He really connected to the crowd and made it a great concert experience for everyone there, not like the Bob Dylan show at the Fox a couple weeks ago. He only played 2 old songs and used new arrangements that made Tangled Up in Blues and Blowin in the wind almost unrecognizable. His new stuff did not appeal to me at all. Oh well, time to move on. Going to see ZZ Top and Jeff Beck tonite at Verizon. Looking forwaed to another great show! Double header concert weekend for Mother's Day! Rock ON!

John Fogerty was the great songwriter of Credence. I always liked him.

Jeff Beck and ZZ Top will be a great show! Wish I could make that one...

Well, ZZ top and Jeff Beck rocked the house! Beck is 71 years old! He burned down the Fender Stratocaster last nite. Never said a single word on stage but man he can get incredible sound from his guitar! ZZ top sounded just as good yesterday as they did in 1974, the last time I saw them live. Incredible sound from just a bass, an old beat up guitar, couldn't tell what kind, and a set of drums. Same three guys playing together for 4 decades. One of the best shows ever, and I wasn't even drunk or stoned! Next up Rolling Stones! June 9 @ Bobby Dodd. BE THERE! Keep on rockin in the free world!

Would have loved to see Fogerty

I gave up going to see old artists though

I went to see Steve Earle and it was a horrible show

All the songs were either too slow or too fast and played a bunch of crap I never heard

Seems like they all do it
Joan Jett was on One of Leno's last shows and she played some song I never heard

Really ?
You get on Leno and you don't play your biggest hit ?

Back
Top Bottom