• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Joro spiders.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
Kill them all.
I killed 20 of them just today in my back yard.
They’re everywhere and they usually have two spiders per web and they seem to proliferate quickly and will cover a patch or area by the hundreds at times.
I was scouting a hunting area last season and the power line path had Giant webs one after another the entire length of the path.
The very sticky webs have a golden tint to them and the larger ones webs may stretch 50’ or more.I’ve seen them on telephone poles to the ground with webbing that looked like freaking fishing line….feels great when you take a giant web to the face in the dark from one of those suckers.

Kill those invasive bastards……kill them all.
14635764-814D-4C8A-B258-9849E6A6D2A0.jpeg

These are actually crafty little ****s. Take notice of their webs. They are 3 layers. They sit in the last layer. The one in front is the strongest and can actually trap hummingbirds.

I tried to cast one in resin last year but being new to the craft, I didn't know you should dry it first. The resin cooked it.

I've also heard that third layer web is strong enough to be woven together and used as fishing line. That could just be urban legend but after walking head first into one of their webs, I wouldn't doubt it has some merit.

Back
Top Bottom