• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just curious? .....Active members?

B. Byrd

Default rank 5000+ posts
Ol' Banty Rooster
118   0
Reaction score
OK, now we have accumulated 10,000+ members. Yea!!!! However, I notice that only about half are designated "active members". Just wondered how active one has to be to be "active" or conversely how inactive does one have to be to be relegated to "inactive" status. I assume it is related to number of postings in a given period of time? "Inquiring minds want to know...." Thanks O. Steve, Mods, or whoever knows the answer.

Actually I have it on good authority that the active term means when they look through the web cam on your computer(it's done on a continuous basis), if they see you are actually doing something, you are marked as active.:tinfoil3:

It's different for all forums, but here if you don't login for 90+ days you are considered inactive.

If you look at some other sites you'll notice that most of the time only 10% of the members are active, we are around 50%. I think one of the reasons is a lot of forums don't prune out spam accounts and banned accounts, so they count toward the total members number. I'm a little OCD so I am constantly cleaning spam accounts. :D

Back
Top Bottom