• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just Got a PSA Lower and dont know where to start

Mr.Mazzeo

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I was blessed to get a PSA AR15 lower receiver as a gift a few days ago and I've been up all night long doing research and sorting through all the bad and good info. I"m still very ignorant on the subject but I'm soaking in all this information like a sponge. I want to shoot 223 and 5.56 so I want to get a .223 wylde barrel which I am also looking into.I like that .223 is relatively cheap but i want to shoot 5.56 sometimes. I was planning on getting a lower receiver kit but I want a nice trigger and don't know if heavier or lighter pull weight is better.what are some good tips and things to look for when building a AR15. I don't want a short barrel rifle , I would like to shoot 500 yards with decent groupings. any info and criticism is much appreciated but please have correct information.

I will be replying and editing this page as I get parts and my budget is around $800 for a complete build. I was also gifted a gun vice and a AR multi tool to put everything together

Great Deals and links to them are much appreciated as well!

Hello everyone! I was blessed to get a PSA AR15 lower receiver as a gift a few days ago and I've been up all night long doing research and sorting through all the bad and good info. I"m still very ignorant on the subject but I'm soaking in all this information like a sponge. I want to shoot 223 and 5.56 so I want to get a .223 wylde barrel which I am also looking into.I like that .223 is relatively cheap but i want to shoot 5.56 sometimes. I was planning on getting a lower receiver kit but I want a nice trigger and don't know if heavier or lighter pull weight is better.what are some good tips and things to look for when building a AR15. I don't want a short barrel rifle , I would like to shoot 500 yards with decent groupings. any info and criticism is much appreciated but please have correct information.

I will be replying and editing this page as I get parts and my budget is around $800 for a complete build. I was also gifted a gun vice and a AR multi tool to put everything together

Great Deals and links to them are much appreciated as well!

Is the lower you have just the receiver itself ?

Theyre called a stripped lower in the AR world ;)

IMG_4923.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A standard CMMG lower parts kit will work but I’d recommend an ALG ACT trigger or Larue MBT 2s for better pulls. The upper id put an Aero with a Ballistic Advantage 18” 223 Wylde Barrel. You can’t beat their MOA guarantee anywhere for the price and grab a Toolecraft C158!BCG they are durable.

Get all your parts together, you’re welcome to come over and use my shop to put it all together. I probably have most of the small parts you’ll need, as well. I’ve got a takeoff barrel I can give you a good deal on; a lightly used 16” S&W 5R with carbine-length gas system. Nothing fancy, but it’s a decent barrel that will help a lot with your budget. Use the savings to buy a quality BCG.

I’ve got a 15” Geissele Mark 8 MLOK rail I can sell ya for almost 50% off.

Even if you don’t want or need any of the parts I’ve got, I have all the tools and stuff you’ll need to put it together right the first time. I’ll give you any help that you want or need.

A standard CMMG lower parts kit will work but I’d recommend an ALG ACT trigger or Larue MBT 2s for better pulls. The upper id put an Aero with a Ballistic Advantage 18” 223 Wylde Barrel. You can’t beat their MOA guarantee anywhere for the price and grab a Toolecraft C158!BCG they are durable.
thank you ill look into it

Back
Top Bottom