• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Just moved to Winder. Where are the best gun store spots around here?!

I can second mikes gun room and most definitely Georgia gun store in gainesville. Run over to Snellville and hit up hilltop pawn they've usually got some decent deals.

The new store danger close is alright, as state before he's around the market level and lots of imports but the guy has to start his business somewhere, and he's a great dude to go shoot the breeze with.

Dixie ammo dump is a hit or miss. Some things where decent in price last time I was there.

Overall the best store withing a 25 mile radius is Georgia gun store. Hands down, they beat most places prices, the owners are super great people and if they don't have what you want they don't gripe about getting it. I've drove all the way from down here to up there to buy from them.

Rabbit mentioned the 2 local ones. Georgia Gun store in Gainesville is a short trip up the road, as are Clyde Armory in Athens (overpriced), Athens Gun Club is good people (but a little high in prices and the only indoor gun range nearby), Franklin’s in Athens (terrible, and I mean terrible customer service), Winterville has Sporting Arms (great people and good deals), Jefferson has Integrity Arms ( go here for your custom AR), and Dahlonega Gold & Pawn is about an hour away and well worth the drive.

Never been to Curry Creek Trading Co in Jefferson or Dixie Ammo Dump in Hoschston, but called DAD the other week and they were selling target .38 rounds for $2 per bullet. Doubt I’ll ever set foot in there.

Trigger Time, Dead Center, and Bullseye are all within a short trip as well
If yall go to Curry Creek you'll want to ask if there is anything in particular you ate looking for. I will also mention Jerry's in Winterville. There is also Foxhole in Gainesville.

I live in Winder. I check Mike's Gun Room every couple of weeks. He is a good guy. I avoid Dixie Ammo Dump and Franklin's like the plague. There is a small shop right in the middle of Hoschton that I can't remember the name of but the guy that runs it is a nice guy. When I go to my hunting land i like to stop at Triple B guns in Colbert. Great fellows there.

This all day

Double Ditto GA Gun Store.
Picked up a Beretta 1301 semi-auto 12 ga (in black) from there a few weeks ago -about $200 below whatever the Internet had to offer, saved shipping$ plus... I like backing Georgia businesses. Lots of accessories for whatever firestick you have, too. Worth the drive (IMO).

Yes. Got lucky on a house that was almost perfect for what we needed. Had to get out of the conyers/Covington area. The population has blown up way too much, along with the crime rate. They have become 2 of the few counties outside of the perimeter.

I have lived in Statham for almost 4 years now and it's rapidly turning more urban. Encroached on the West by Gwinnett, and on the East by Athens...

Another 10 years and it's gonna be just as bad

Gun shops are limited in Winder.

Mikes Gun Room has a decent selection, and occasionally gems are to be found on used guns at stellar prices, but generally everything is a tad on the high side. Mike can be a little abrasive but he is a good dude. His wife is an absolute sweetheart!

Danger Close Guns is fairly new. They are usually priced right at MSRP. Decent selection of guns, ammo not so much. Lots of Turkish imports. Mickey the owner is a retired Army Ranger and a really nice guy to boot.
Couldn't have said this better, Mike is dry but a good dude. I agree about his wife being a sweetheart. Danger close guns is a great place, I try to stop in there and by the little things I need, guns are decent prices.

Clydes is alright on some things, high on others, Franklin's in athens are great people, they know me by name, some of the kids in there don't know what they're talking about but the management always takes care of me. GA firing lane has decent prices but are a little blunt but decent people.

PNR is in buford great bunch of guys with great personalities and prices are pretty covid. Ammo has went up with prices but still worth the 25 minute drive.

GA gun store in Gainesville,well worth the drive, great people, great prices and great selection.

Dahlonega Gold and Pawn, nothing beats their prices or selections. Worth the drive

I have lived in Statham for almost 4 years now and it's rapidly turning more urban. Encroached on the West by Gwinnett, and on the East by Athens...

Another 10 years and it's gonna be just as bad

I don’t doubt it. In the meantime though, we are happy where we are at. The schools are good, and the town is not nearly as overrun.

What's your flavor? Black guns, old guns, military, pistol, revolver, hunting, etc.? Curry Creek in Arcade has some old stuff. The owner is a big collector. It's a drive but Classic Firearms in Macon has the best selection of pre-lock S&W's, Colts, Military surplus as well as new stuff.
Mostly tactical/black guns and pistols.

Back
Top Bottom