K9 info

Robfromga, in the shepherd bussniss are two types of people, breeders and handelers. You have 10 years handling. My wife and I have a combined 51 years experience breeding. You are good at what you do and we are good at what we do. Breeders are consumed by bloodline, health, and the care that's given. I am not a handler. You know that breeding will take away from what you can do for them. I invite you to come out to see my boys and am open to your feed back. But please understand I am a care giver not a handeler.

Last edited:
Robfromga, in the shepherd bussniss are two types of people, breeders and handelers. You have 10 years handling my wife and I have a combined 51 years experience breeding. You are good at what you do and we are good at what we do. Breeders are consumed by bloodline, health, and the care that's given. I am not a handler. You know that breeding will take away from what you can do for them. I invite you to come out to see my boys and am open to your feed back. But please understand I am a care giver not a handeler.

Rob has 10 years experience handling your wife?

All joking aside, is it not the job of the breeder to supply dogs the handlers can use? If a handler says a dog is useless, no amount of bloodline will change that just like the best families have black sheep.

Rob has 10 years experience handling your wife?

All joking aside, is it not the job of the breeder to supply dogs the handlers can use? If a handler says a dog is useless, no amount of bloodline will change that just like the best families have black sheep.

Yep you can't turn a normal dog into a working dog period. Even a dog that barks and growls at strangers or bumps in the night (doing a pack alert) may turn tail and run when the SHTF

Um sorry but I bet my partially trained dog is better behaved than any dog you've trained before. :thumb:

I'm glad you feel that way! Thanks.

However, I think that Glock21 is talking about basic types of drives and, if that's that case, he's right. A correct combination of drives and personality traits is needed for any dog that is going to be expected to do a certain type of job. One of the reasons that dog breeds were developed was to enhance how their drive manifests itself and very often the dog has to stay within their specialty to excel. A good comparison is the GS and the Lab. Both dogs need very high drive to do their particular job and both dogs are evaluated for ball drive at a young age to see how much prey drive they have. However, the way this drive develops is very different in the two as they mature. A GS can do retrieval work, but rarely on a par with a good Lab and a Lab that is suitable for bite work is extremely rare.

Wow. My wife won't let me handle your wife.

Again, and breeders that just turn em out and don't work em never ever grasp that their wonder bloodline pup may actually flat out suck! And that the $75 dog from Craigslist might be fantastic. I'm the first to admit that breeding obviously plays a part, but the finished product, a sexually mature stable dog has more to do with its environmental influence (training, handling) than its bloodline.

Breeders that don't train or work, in working dog world, boarder on elitists. They think just because xyz&xxx produce 8 pups there worth 8k green. Screw that! Paris Hilton has great bloodlines, so do many Hollywood elite scum.

I've got a gsd/pit that I will put up against ANY champ bloodline in obedience and patrol, she may not hit a perfect score, but she will give them a run for it.

I have a friend that works S&R (search rescue) All her dogs are pit mixes from kill shelters. She contracts to a few local agencies that don't have a dog or don't have a s&r dog. She has a 100% search record. All scummy, crap bloodline dumpster dogs. One just got his PH1 at 2 years. Mixed breed pit junk dog. Tell your wife I like my steak rare.

Here something else I hear once a week "I've got a great boy/girl, got a good strong bark, barks and snarls at stranger danger, He's/She's ready to bite" Ahh, no. They aren't. Unless a dog has been trained to fight a man or has been in a number of dog fights you can hit that dog once, kick it, yell at it and most times it backs right down. 90% .

Lots of that display, and that's it...a display, is fear aggression. A fearful dog is an unstable dog. Ideally you start young ...8 weeks, as soon as possible with drive work, rag tugs, noises, slippery surfaces. You build their confidence. Make everything a game that they can win. As they develop, so does the games level. An untrained 3 year old lab that barks at strangers very well may bite, but the odds are that when stressed he won't crap himself and run.

Here is a prime example of a trainer breeder scam.

Looks like good obedience right? Freaking aawesome. And he's biting, right? Sign me up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fueIAp-lZA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

1. There is a shock collar under the bandanna
2. Its a pattern, notice how the dogs starts the action before he's given the command, like he downs before he's told down.
3. He's shows ZERO signs of protection. Zero. He bites a sleeve, big woop. Its a toy to him. And you never ever ever ever have a "protection trained "dog bite the handler. Cause when he gets all pissed of and wants to bite he's going to pivot around and chomp your arm right before your robbed.

Another of many scams in the dog world. His price has been REDUCED to 9k

Back
Top Bottom