• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Kel tec PF 9 Hair pulling fun!

Gordylew

Firefighter Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
191   0
Reaction score
So I was looking for another small frame slim auto that would fit in my jeans pocket. I wanted a Kimber Solo but with a Don Perignon taste and an Old Milwaukee budget I picked up a used Kel tec Pf9 for cheap. The gun shot great but since I can't be practical and want to up grade stuff. I ordered a new metal trigger, recoil spring and firing pin spring. The direction seemed simple enough. Gun came apart easily enough. punched out the barbed trigger pin, drilled the housing out, installed new trigger, replaced with larger pin. Then I figured out the hammer block did not need to be removed. Looked for an hour or so to find the hammer block spring that jumped out when I pushed out the pin that did not need to be pushed out. Put the hammer block back in ,reassembled. figured out the spring arm goes down and not up. Reassembled everything again . gun did not work. disassembled gun again. reassembled the gun again , and again..................................Figured out that the slide arm was up side down. reassembled gun , gun doesn't work. There are only about 21 parts to a keltec but probably 12K ways to get these 21 parts in the gun backwards, upside down misaligned ect. I going f$^$ing nuts trying to get this gun back together. Does anyone know how to get the hammer block forward, how far forward, does the hammer need to be back, half way, all the way forward? I poo-tubed it , yes looks so simple. Has anyone ever taken one of these guns apart , reassembled it and lived to tell about it before being carted off to the funny farm?

Figured it out. Don't try putting one of these back together going on 4 hours sleep. If one were to up grade their Kel Tec PF9 and needs help. PM me. advice will only cost you a 12 pack of Sweet Water Brewery

No, just forgot I posted about it until today. I'm pretty impressed with the little cheap gun. Some folks bash Kel tecs but this is the 3rd one I've picked up and so far they all function flawlessly.

Back
Top Bottom