• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Kershaw speedsafe Blur

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Kershaw Leek and a Blur….I love the Leek bc its so thin…

I have been EDC my Leek for over a year now and recently had to disassemble the knife and clean the opening mechanism due to all the pocket lint….works like a champ now! Great knives and very durable and you can't beat the price..

I have carried a black Kershaw Blur for the better part of the last ten years. I lose them every 2 or 3 years and have to buy a new one. Yours is the first one I have seen that doesn't have the stupid tanto blade in the last 7 or so years. I love that knife. Looks like I need to order one from Cabelas. I have never noticed any finish problems with the Blur.

The Leek looks very slim, if your Blur's the black blade, how's the coating holding up? When you took your Leek apart, did you follow a video regarding the mechanism, or just jump all in?

The Leek is VERY slim…one reason why I like it….not a big foot print in the pocket and easy to use for general day to day stuff….As far as taking it apart, I jumped right in. It wasn't that difficult, just pay attention to the how the spring is fixed in the frame….no big deal really..

I carry the Leek or a Zero Tolerance blade….rarely carry the blur…just too thick in my pocket…good knife to stash in a bag...

I have been carrying the same Leek since about June 2003 (that's the date on the knife) and I love it. It's very thin, the speed safe opening is great, and it holds an edge pretty well.

I recently picked up a Kershaw Thermite and I'm pretty happy with it so far. I had to bend the pocket clip out a little so it wouldn't pinch my pants so tight- it was hard to clip on and take off. But aside from that, it's reasonably thin (definitely not as thin as my Leek) and opens fast. I haven't tried to sharpen it yet, so we'll have to see how that goes and how well it holds an edge.

I've always had good luck with Kershaws...both of my hunting/skinning knives are Kershaw, but both of them are nothing but stainless.

Nice Blur...looked at them this year at the Smoky Mountain Knife Works, but decided on another Gerber Paraframe.

I love Kershaw knives, about to buy another leek it was my favorite. I have a blur but the dang clip is too loose and it likes to slide right out of my pocket too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom