Killboy - Deals Gap

Free car wash?

deals-gap-2002-036.jpg

Best ride in Georgia.
Go up HWY 9 to Dahlonega, then HWY-60 to Suches, then Hwy 180 / Wolf Pen Gap road to Hwy-19/129, turn right, go to Turners Corners, the 9/19 back to HWY-60...

Yep
The 3 gap ride

I know a couple people that do that one on bicycles

There's also lots of side roads
County roads that are as good or better than the lizard

With way less traffic

I grew up living at the intersection of 180 and 129

I put hundreds of
Miles on my Trail 90 and my XL -175 on those roads
Run from Vogel to Winfield and back

Or run up to upper wolf creek cut over to wolf pen then Down roaring fork to bowers cove and back out owltown
To 129

Forest service has closed almost all those roads now

I just heard that Tennessee prohibited 18 wheelers from traveling on the dragon as of two weeks ago. My return question was.. what do they do if one comes from the south end in North Carolina. It's not like they can turn around at the border. There are no side streets no homes no nothing until you get all the way to the end.

We ride the Dragon twice year. Its part of the rider that goes from Maggie Valley, over into TN, down the Skyline, dragon, over to the Cherahola and back to Maggie, we usually do that on day two.

Day one this year was better, we did the Blue Ridge to Pisgah, 276S, 64, 281N, 281+107 back to Maggie.

The Dragon is the least fun part of the ride, its way too crowded, too many cops and too many slow riders.

The Cherahola during the week is usually deserted, we had it to ourselves last October. If you want to do curves at 90, go to the Cherohola.

Back
Top Bottom