Knife Blade

stainless

dang near impossible I think...all that can happen over a long time is maybe a pit or two on a blade if you leave it in the scabbard from the salts in the leather or the stainless will get a sort of dull finish if you never use it but if it is working knife , just the normal use will keep the haze down a lot.

dang near impossible I think...all that can happen over a long time is maybe a pit or two on a blade if you leave it in the scabbard from the salts in the leather or the stainless will get a sort of dull finish if you never use it but if it is working knife , just the normal use will keep the haze down a lot.
Might bead blast it and salt water the thing

Might bead blast it and salt water the thing

That would dull it it out some.....I don't know about the coffee ground deal, that demo was a screw but thinking about a knife blade, I would be concerned with getting an even sheen all the way.

Salting will over time give you some light pitting, just be sure and rinse it and check it everyday until you are happy with it.

That would dull it it out some.....I don't know about the coffee ground deal, that demo was a screw but thinking about a knife blade, I would be concerned with getting an even sheen all the way.

Salting will over time give you some light pitting, just be sure and rinse it and check it everyday until you are happy with it.
thanks for the info guys.

I haven't tried with stainless, but I've aged tomahawks and knives by soaking them in bleach for 8 hours. Rub the rust off with 0000 steel wool and them submerge in PCB etchant. PCB is an acid available at Radio Shack. It will turn the steel black. Then I put the blade in a plastic jug with smooth river stones and WD40 to stone wash it. Shake the jug hard for 5-10 minutes. It does a great job on carbon steel and may work on stainless.

Back
Top Bottom