• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kroger at it again

What post #18 said....
it turned out fine, everybody loved it!!! BUT it was sandwiches....anyway the pieces I had were good, and I'd have to say the best $9.99 tenderloin I have in many years!!!
I think it's worth the $9.99 a pound...might try to get a couple more before the sale ends...

View attachment 6870259View attachment 6870260
Son of a Gun, that looks awesome, great job.

Thanks!!
sous vide at 115 degrees for 6 hours....or, as long as you want, really, doesn't make a difference...dumped most of the sous vide water out of the cooler(that's what I used to cook it in) threw the meat back in, went to son's house...it sat in the cooler, with the remaining water for probably close to an hour as they got other things ready...THEN yank it out of the bag it cooked in, wipe it down, coat with olive oil...onto the 650 degree egg...4 minuets on each side...BAM!!!
Sous Vide is sooo simple, AND it's the same color, and doneness all the way through, no raw in the middle, all cooked just as you see any piece in the photo...son does most of the work getting the egg up, and going

Thanks!!
sous vide at 115 degrees for 6 hours....or, as long as you want, really, doesn't make a difference...dumped most of the sous vide water out of the cooler(that's what I used to cook it in) threw the meat back in, went to son's house...it sat in the cooler, with the remaining water for probably close to an hour as they got other things ready...THEN yank it out of the bag it cooked in, wipe it down, coat with olive oil...onto the 650 degree egg...4 minuets on each side...BAM!!!
Sous Vide is sooo simple, AND it's the same color, and doneness all the way through, no raw in the middle, all cooked just as you see any piece in the photo...son does most of the work getting the egg up, and going
Man that looks better than great! What kind of sandwich toppings did you do?

I drove the 30 minutes to Kroger in Richmond Hill to get one. They were not trimmed. The guy in the meat dept. rattled off some excuse about not knowing what's going on. They were labeled select. There's not that much waste from trimming one but it's the principle. I hate when stores do stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom