• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Landlord-Tenant

For triple money damages based on a blatantly illegal eviction, some lawyers would take that on the contingency.
The kid wouldn't need any money upfront.
He could also go get help from a legal aid society -- they're a bunch of liberals that love young adults mooching off of their parents and grandparents; that's their model for The new American citizen.

If a cop hears That landlord without authority entered the tenants private space and removed his belongings it wouldn't be hard to conclude that that is a burglary although the weakest link in the chain would be showing that the landlord was stealing the clothes rather than just taking them out like trash but not using them for his own benefit.

Still, the landlord has absolutely no right to enter the tenants private room or touch any of his stuff so the very least it could be considered trespassing.

An arrest only takes probable cause-- do you wanna take that chance? Not all law enforcement officers are disinterested in the criminal aspects of landlord tenant law. But if you live in Soul's jurisdiction, and you're sure Soul will be the responding cop...well go ahead.

You must live a very insulated lifestyle to think a majority of cops are interested in dealing with what can be immediately filed away as a civil matter.

Let ME ask you some leading questions since you're a lawyer.

Do you think because you practice law you are the final authority on all legal matters?

Have you ever served in a law enforcement capacity?

Let me also ask some open ended questions

When you practice law do you treat every single clients situation the same? Because you are extrapolating that this guys grandson that he clearly described as a bum would go through the trouble of any of this stuff and you are also making a grand reach that any attorney in the cobb area would even take a case like this given how weak both sides of the situation is.

A cop can "hear" anything but that doesn't mean that would give a LEO probable cause to execute an arrest. The only way that it would lead to that is if the landlord ran his mouth thinking the cop would be on his side. If the landlord said nothing; there's nothing to conclude and definitely not enough to arrest. It's interesting that you're a lawyer but fail to mention this detail consistently during the postings. Anyone can tell a cop anything but in my time as a LEO I couldn't execute an arrest based on hearsay unless the subject of the hearsay ran their mouth enough for me to reasonably conclude that there might be merit to the accusation. If they said nothing to me; then I'd have nothing. The smarter criminals practiced this.

Also again; this highlights your lack of knowledge of law enforcement. 99% of LEO's are definitely disinterested in dealing with a bratty grandchild being put out by a grandpa from a criminal standpoint. If you somehow get the one rookie trying to get a collar then that's just extraordinarily bad luck. But again; see point above. Don't say anything and it stays a civil matter.

But what do I know. I didn't work in a cushy office being a pencil pusher all day to armchair quarterback. I only have peasant field experience to add.

It's okay. You guys can gripe all you want. As I said OP can choose whatever advice he wants. It's a free country. Sorry you guys are essentially liberals who can't stand other opinions or viewpoints nor are any of you willing to take matters into your own hands because you can't handle confrontation.

Go down to your county Magistrate Court Clerk and start an eviction process. It will take 30 days to get rid of him. If your feeling physically threatened by him, go talk to the magistrate Judge and convince them to issue a Protection Order against them. He will be evicted within 24hrs. Both will require a court appearance. Have all your evidence, pics and anything else you feel you need to make your case, with you. If he doesn't even show for the hearing, you will automatically win your case. Just don't tell him anything until you have to. The Court will direct you to what you need to do, but will not give you legal advise.

Go down to your county Magistrate Court Clerk and start an eviction process. It will take 30 days to get rid of him. If your feeling physically threatened by him, go talk to the magistrate Judge and convince them to issue a Protection Order against them. He will be evicted within 24hrs. Both will require a court appearance. Have all your evidence, pics and anything else you feel you need to make your case, with you. If he doesn't even show for the hearing, you will automatically win your case. Just don't tell him anything until you have to. The Court will direct you to what you need to do, but will not give you legal advise.
This works but don't forget the $140-300 filing fee to do the eviction as well as needing to pay a process server if you try to get a TRO. Also good luck convincing any cobb county magistrate that you're in imminent danger of bodily harm without ample police reports to back it up. TRO's aren't given out like candy the way they used to be.

My take away from a few comments made…….

1631751321164.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom