• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Lee Die Question, 44mag/44spl

07JKX

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
106   0
Reaction score
So I ordered the Lee 44mag/44spl combo set for a buddy of mine. However, as we went to start loading I noticed that the resizer/decapper says "44m/44spl" on the side. Okay. cool. On to the next step, I notice the powder through expander says only "44spl" on it. When I set the die per the instructions and pressed a 44mag case it expanded it and belled out the case mouth.

Now, I have adjusted the die significantly and can now expand a 44 mag case without the obvious problem. My question, did they send me the wrong combo set and can I get away with the present adjustment, which for all intents and purposes, works.

Also, the factory crimp die says 44m/44spl on it as well, but the bullet seating die only has 44spl on it. Any issues that I may run into here?

The markings on the specific die doesn't make any difference. The 44 is the same, just one is .125 inches longer/shorter than the other. How far into you press each die is screwed easily takes care of the difference.
The set was marketed as combo. Any set will comfortably handle the loading of both.

Your die set is fine.

Always error on the side of caution,

OSOK

Back
Top Bottom