• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lesson learned

I had a douche from another site last night offering me a Saiga 12 ga for my Benchmade Adamas but he wanted $3,000 cash on top of the knife for the Saiga. I gave him a "lol" and he began to tell me he was with the 19th SFG, he'd kick my ass..... I ended it with another "LOL".

what is he gonna email you an ass kicking?

It's probably just something very minor, like a hammer spring installed incorrectly. But, if CZ agreed to take a look at it, at least you've got that extra peace of mind that an expert had eyes on your gun.

Sounds like the hammer is following, which probably means someone tried to do a trigger job on it and took too much off the sear. Now the sear won't engage the hammer hooks enough to overcome the force of the slide going back into battery. Very similar to a 1911. Hopefully, CZ will cover it despite someone possibly having Bubba'd it.

Or, if it's simple, he may not have installed the sear return spring correctly, or it snapped. That would also cause the sear not to press against the hammer hooks.

Update....I just got it back.....no charge for repair, fedex one day both ways. The invoice says they adjusted the sear spring. It was pretty dirty so I'm guessing they put a few rounds through it. Hopefully I have a new carry gun now! Will hit the range in the next few days.

Thank you, CZ......always great service. Always great weapons!

Update....I just got it back.....no charge for repair, fedex one day both ways. The invoice says they adjusted the sear spring. It was pretty dirty so I'm guessing they put a few rounds through it. Hopefully I have a new carry gun now! Will hit the range in the next few days.

Thank you, CZ......always great service. Always great weapons!
hell ya

cz is amazing

CZ has great service. Only had to use it once, but it was a pleasure to deal with them.

I've been on the other side of the OP's complaint though. I was selling a BLR that I had picked up in a trade and never shot. I was looking to thin the herd a bit, and made a deal with another member here.

Got to the meet and the the gun started malfunctioning. It had worked perfectly with snap caps when I tried it out before listing... just the perversity of the universe in action I guess. Actually, even though I was totally mortified, I was glad it did it while we were both there, rather than after he got it home.

I ended up knocking off what he estimated was enough for him to have it fixed by a gunsmith he knew, and everything worked out OK, but that's the last time I sell a firearm I haven't shot myself.

As for new members, I've dealt with a few 'zeros' and it's usually worked out well. I do make sure that I've talked with them on the phone if at all possible, since that's usually the tip-off if they are flakey.

I just figure that at one time I had little or no feedback on this site, and more established folks went out on a limb to trade with me. Just paying it forward and all.

Back
Top Bottom