• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s talk scopes

1.5 MOA from a deer rifle with no bipod and likely a terrible cheek weld is GTG for hunting.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I got some work to do but...
View attachment 1898310
These are the last three rounds fired at 100yds. Which is where the scope is set to. I’ve got work to do but I think I can hit what I need to to drop a deer. I really want to do this some more though!
View attachment 1898311
If that's the Rem ammo we were talking about, that level of accuracy is expected. 1.5 MOA

OK I’m reading about the CDS and it’s cool but is it worth an extra $150? It looks like the same scope without it is $319 at places. I don’t mind buying once and crying once but I also don’t want to spend money on a cute convenience I’ll maybe never use. Which leads to my next question....what are y’all s ring recommendations?

It is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It is. Rem Core Lokt 150grain. I feel pretty capable of giving a deer a bad day. Thanks again for your help today!
Shooting the Core Lokt, I'd say you were doing your part just fine. That's a good group at 100 with that ammo.

Now practice bringing the rifle up so that you are looking through the scope at what you are aiming at as it hits your shoulder a lot. It needs to be second nature to you.

These are the last three rounds fired at 100yds. Which is where the scope is set to. I’ve got work to do but I think I can hit what I need to to drop a deer.
Lol. You're doing better than 80%+ of "experienced" deer hunters I promise you! Well, not 80% of ODT hunters. Heck we're all spec ops Olympic sniper ninjas!

Shooting the Core Lokt, I'd say you were doing your part just fine. That's a good group at 100 with that ammo.

Now practice bringing the rifle up so that you are looking through the scope at what you are aiming at as it hits your shoulder a lot. It needs to be second nature to you.

Was doing this last night and dry firing. I'm going to need to do it about a thousand more times to remember that damn safety. I can almost predict my next hunting thread post :pound:

Are you guys shooting doves or deer?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom