• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Lets play guess that snake! You come home from the store and find this at your front door.

Is it a

• Dead snake

Votes: 29 34.9%
  • Brown Water snake

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Water Moccasin

Votes: 48 57.8%

• Total voters
Yours would meet the business end of my Single Six. Came home to this guy at lunch time a few years ago. He got a pass. move him to the other side of the fence. Good thing the wife wasn't home.
IMG_20160608_124748866.jpg

Went to my pet dealers house the other day. We sat in his kitchen and ate, normal stuff. 10 minutes later I’m checking out his pet copperhead. I love animals but venomous snakes are without rights most days.

Pet dealer ... ? Is that what you kids call em now? Cute...

So if you come upon a bad one, copperhead, cottonmouth, rattler, what is the preferred method of dispatching?

Shovel which puts you in striking distance? Pistol with snakeshot? 12 gauge? Or Clint Eastwood style hitting it with a .44 from 40 feet away between the eyes?

So if you come upon a bad one, copperhead, cottonmouth, rattler, what is the preferred method of dispatching?

Shovel which puts you in striking distance? Pistol with snakeshot? 12 gauge? Or Clint Eastwood style hitting it with a .44 from 40 feet away between the eyes?
I shot the intruder above with a .177 cal pellet rifle at approx. 35ft. All head shots as you can see.

I use a Judge loaded with a 410 game load. Works like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom