• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Lets see them 1911's!!!!!

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_06_18_2y7ady7y.jpg

My 1911. More reliable than most. ;)

You should have wrote glock down your fingers for effect, but I liked it anyhow.

Woops....did it again.

Nice! There's a guy on one of the 1911 forums that I'm on that has a Combat Precision build that he's always posting pics of. I'm always drooling over their work. I've debated selling a few of my guns and having them do a custom build for me.
Well, this is was my very First Custom 1911, and from what I understand there are builders out there that want your money and want you to shut up and never hear from you, Right now Chris is a one man shop but he really wants Customer input on the build, When he started we talked on the phone for about an hour just getting an idea of what I was going to use the pistol for, he makes a hard use gun and doesn't want them sitting in a safe he wants them used and abused so he know what parts are going to wear out or break over time, he has a if it breaks under normal use he'll fix it no matter what.

The First question is it expensive....yes these are not Glocks and are assembled by hand, hand fitted and dehorned and finished an average machinist cost $65 bucks an hour standard out the door it takes about 100 hours to assemble( I got a special price because I purchased the frame as part of a bulk order of 15 original frames he had built to order last year) Tax, Tag and Title it was 3500. You cannot get in the door over at Wilson for that hardly. So if you plan to have a build don't get sticker shock they're expensive don't let that run you off. So far I cannot be more pleased with the quality and pride Chris puts into building a one of a kind Custom Pistol. I already want another one. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions about the process or the build itself.

~Rob

Last edited:
^^^$3,500 is a lot cheaper than I thought it would be. That's actually a pretty good deal for what you get. I know several other 'Smiths who would charge almost double that. I am seriously debating selling a couple guns to get a build going. I just gotta figure out what I can stand to get rid of now.

Back
Top Bottom