• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let's See your WASR

This thread died quick...I guess only three of us will admit to having nice looking wasrs.

There's more that have them. They don't want you to know they have them.It's kinda like the "Why’s a fat girl like a moped joke! They’re a lot of fun to ride, but you wouldn’t want your friends to see you on one" Same deal with WASR lol

wasr2.JPGwasr.JPG

Ok so who makes the real or traditional AK and are they better?

"Real" AKs are full auto. All the semi-autos are copies. The closest copy ever was the Steyr Maadi which were the rifles used in Red Dawn.
The Chinese AKs are probably the closest in having mil-spec parts and builds. Saigas are the newest entry in the arena are built at Izmash in Russia.
There are several models of Maadi available, all beneath the quality of the Steyr imports but functioning AKs none the less.
You have SARs, WUMS, WASRS and ROMAKS that are Romanian copies. WASRs are considered the bottom of the list as least desirable--but they work just fine. Some people prefer receivers with "dimples" and WASR has none. But they built mostly from Romanian military parts kits and work just fine.

this is my first and only AK. i am more of an AR guy, but i have always heard that everyone should own atleast one AK and 1000rnds. so i picked up this "black beauty" from billrube. i like it alot, but i have never handled a high end ak like an arsenal, so i have nothing to compare it to. the one thing i do know, is it goes bang everytime i pull the trigger no matter what ammo i feed it. i need to pick me up some of that sexy wood furniture at some point.053.JPG

Back
Top Bottom