Letter from Apple to their customers (a must read)

A great stand to not unlock a dead terrorists phone....I understand not wanting to hand the firmware over to the FBI, but they should have voluntarily unlocked the phone on their own at their own facilities of the FBI would grant them access to the device.

Im divided on this. And Ive been reading about it some today. I am all for them protecting us from the Govt, (you know, they are just here to help) but I feel they should do something to unlock the phone. But, at the same time, if that means making a way for the Govt to pry into our lives more than they already do, then I say don't do it.

Im divided on this. And Ive been reading about it some today. I am all for them protecting us from the Govt, (you know, they are just here to help) but I feel they should do something to unlock the phone. But, at the same time, if that means making a way for the Govt to pry into our lives more than they already do, then I say don't do it.

Agreed! Too many mixed feelings!

A great stand to not unlock a dead terrorists phone....I understand not wanting to hand the firmware over to the FBI, but they should have voluntarily unlocked the phone on their own at their own facilities of the FBI would grant them access to the device.

At present time Apple has no way to unlock that phone even if they have it in their labs.

The court is ordering them to develop a new OS which could be pushed to that phone and make it less secure so it could be unlocked.

Reread that. The United States government wants to FORCE with threat of jail a private software company to create, develop, and implement a new operating system that currently does not exist that would jeopardize the security of every apple device around the globe .

I fully support Apple and Tim Cook on this one.

Not only is the US Government trying to force a company to create something (which cost money) by threatening them with jail, but if Apple complies it will pretty much destroy their business in a market they invented.

The encryption on Apple products is what makes them so great. They are unhackable which is why they would have to develop and push a new OS to the phone to make it less secure so that it can be hacked.

I agree with NW Shooter, if the information can save American lives Apple should let the FBI read what's on the Killers phone.

At present time Apple has no way to unlock that phone even if they have it in their labs.

The court is ordering them to develop a new OS which could be pushed to that phone and make it less secure so it could be unlocked.

Reread that. The United States government wants to FORCE with threat of jail a private software company to create, develop, and implement a new operating system that currently does not exist that would jeopardize the security of every apple device around the globe .

I fully support Apple and Tim Cook on this one.

Not only is the US Government trying to force a company to create something (which cost money) by threatening them with jail, but if Apple complies it will pretty much destroy their business in a market they invented.

Couldnt agree with you more.

Back
Top Bottom