• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Leukemia AR auction to begin this week. Need ideas

Hasselhoss

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
168   0
Reaction score
Thanks to all that have donated. I have two complete AR's and should have the third by Wednesday. These are true ODT guns as they were both assembled from parts that you guys sent in from your own collections, ordered and drop shipped or even dropped off at my house.

I would like to start the first Auction tomorrow or Wednesday I'll take pictures of the first Gun this afternoon.

What would be the best format for this and could we have it as a sticky for the duration of the auctions? Any ideas from you guys, Steve, Mods?

Should we have them all posted at the same time with pics and descriptions in 3 separate sickys? Should we do one at a time? Length of Auction?

Lets hear your thoughts.

Thanks

I wouldn't want to auction them all at one time. I believe you would see more movement in running one at a time. Then everyone who doesn't win the first one can get in on the second/third one and run at that one. I would hit a point, if all were auctioned at the same time, where I would likely stop offering because of fear of having to take more than one.

Any possibility of getting some of the local gun dealers to put flyers at their stores? Maybe some of the gun ranges? List them and auction them through ODT, but try to get the word beyond the ODT.

I might do it one at a time and space them out.

You hit a saturation point on the ODT and induce apathy. We are also hurling toward the holidays at breakneck speed. They might sell for more at tax return time.

I might do it one at a time and space them out.

You hit a saturation point on the ODT and induce apathy. We are also hurling toward the holidays at breakneck speed. They might sell for more at tax return time.

We could also just present the guns to the grandfather or the Charity and let them sell/auction/raffle them. I would just love for everyone who donated to see the fruits of their labor and for someone here to end up with an awesome deal.

Back
Top Bottom