Leupold VXR

Ken Ford

Default rank 5000+ posts
Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
175   0
Reaction score
Opinions? A recent post made me second guess my opinions on scopes.
Been looking hard at the VXR with the Fire dot for out to 100yards.

I love the VXR line. I personally think it's the best value in it's class. Great in low light (better to me than VX3 which I also own), lightweight, and the firedot reticle is fast on target. The firedot is motion activated so the battery life is long as well.

The only downside is if you're looking at the 1-4x, it's not true 1x, but I got used to it quickly. I own the 1-4x VXR Hog Scope, and the VXR 3-9x.

Here's a comparison of the VXR 4-12x with some similar scopes, and this guy knows his scopes. http://opticsthoughts.com/?p=1650

I have the VXR6 1x6 Firedot and really like it, have shot it on my SCAR 17 and on my 300 Blackout SBR now. It has multiple brightness settings and still has a duplex cross hair so your scope is not useless if the battery runs out

The only 1-4's that I have seen aren't true 1x. That annoys me. I like having a true 1x in the lower end, not 1.1 or 1.25. I had a Leupold VXR Patrol with the SPR Firedot reticle. Great clarity and all, but got rid of it due to not having a true 1x. If that doesn't bother you and you, then go for it. It's a nice, clear scope at the price. Just me personally, I would go a different route.

i have a VXR 2-7 with the ballistic firedot reticle and i freaking love it. have it on my deer rifle and theres nothing ide rather have on it. awesome light gathering considering the small objective lens.

Back
Top Bottom