• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Liberty gives access to their safes but there are no back door master codes

As a lawyer, I want to know how dafuq
an UNARMED incident on January 6, 2021 can cause a magistrate judge to sign a warrant indicating that key evidence in the case is probably going to be found in this man gun safe at the end of August 2023. Isn't that information stale?
Banana Republic much?

Here's the point with Liberty. Like many companies, their relationship with Monomoy isn't like a conventional subsidiary of a larger company. Monomoy are a Private Equity group, just like Cerberus Capital Management (who mis-managed Remington into the ground) were.

These Private Equity firms buy some or all of the ownership of the company, but a key feature is that they have a business plan that INCLUDES an exit strategy. They plan for a future where they sell the company on - and their primary concern is that their acquisition was bought at a "good" price and with their understanding of capital markets, that they will transform that business into a more successful one (or ones). They're not in it for the "long haul" - 7 to 10 years would be considered a long investment horizon.

The usual interaction between a company like Liberty and a firm like Monomoy is that the Private Equity company provides a level of financial security that the purchased company needs in order to become more profitable or increase its value. TYPICALLY if the management team at the acquired company is changed, the team will consist of staff only devoted to improving the financials of that company - if any of the team are also directly employed by Monomoy, the chances are that they'll be in financial positions, and not operational (and rarely, as the CEO).

So having observed this in person, the politics tend to be pretty separate. I worked for a PE firm in NYC that was the sole or primary investor in 30-40 companies and the general rule is that the company you bought knew what it was doing, and (within reason) was allowed to get on with what it was doing. In some cases, parts of the businesses were sold, split up, or even developed, but the general thrust of the business was that the core business should be maintained and made more efficient/profitable.

I didn't see very much on any of my OpenSecrets.org searches, but Monomoy's Senior management (given that they're based in Connecticut where even the republicans are pretty much democrats) don't really seem to be very involved in politics at all. This is surprising, because given the profits that a PE firm should be making, they USUALLY grease the wheels of Democrats and Republicans alike - as a very conscious risk hedge. The one significant donor over the last few years was a managing partner at Monomoy who died six months ago, so I guess we'll have to wait and see just how rabid their support of the democrats ends up being.

I guess the point is that this really is a nothingburger. Monomoy currently or recently had investments in all of the following companies. It's retarded to believe they're wasting their time figuring out who to donate a couple of thousand dollars to every election cycle. It would normally just be easier to sprinkle a dozen $2,700 checks around and make both parties happy.

A far more fruitful hunt would be to look at the donation records of the current management of Liberty themselves. I predict there are no significant donations made from any of them.

Liberty's management are guilty of nothing more than being idiots - assuming they even knew. And let's be honest, the decision to hand up the details to the feds was probably made by some mid-level manager who just crapped his pants because some feeb threatened him with an obstruction of justice charge.

Here's the point with Liberty. Like many companies, their relationship with Monomoy isn't like a conventional subsidiary of a larger company. Monomoy are a Private Equity group, just like Cerberus Capital Management (who mis-managed Remington into the ground) were.

These Private Equity firms buy some or all of the ownership of the company, but a key feature is that they have a business plan that INCLUDES an exit strategy. They plan for a future where they sell the company on - and their primary concern is that their acquisition was bought at a "good" price and with their understanding of capital markets, that they will transform that business into a more successful one (or ones). They're not in it for the "long haul" - 7 to 10 years would be considered a long investment horizon.

The usual interaction between a company like Liberty and a firm like Monomoy is that the Private Equity company provides a level of financial security that the purchased company needs in order to become more profitable or increase its value. TYPICALLY if the management team at the acquired company is changed, the team will consist of staff only devoted to improving the financials of that company - if any of the team are also directly employed by Monomoy, the chances are that they'll be in financial positions, and not operational (and rarely, as the CEO).

So having observed this in person, the politics tend to be pretty separate. I worked for a PE firm in NYC that was the sole or primary investor in 30-40 companies and the general rule is that the company you bought knew what it was doing, and (within reason) was allowed to get on with what it was doing. In some cases, parts of the businesses were sold, split up, or even developed, but the general thrust of the business was that the core business should be maintained and made more efficient/profitable.

I didn't see very much on any of my OpenSecrets.org searches, but Monomoy's Senior management (given that they're based in Connecticut where even the republicans are pretty much democrats) don't really seem to be very involved in politics at all. This is surprising, because given the profits that a PE firm should be making, they USUALLY grease the wheels of Democrats and Republicans alike - as a very conscious risk hedge. The one significant donor over the last few years was a managing partner at Monomoy who died six months ago, so I guess we'll have to wait and see just how rabid their support of the democrats ends up being.

I guess the point is that this really is a nothingburger. Monomoy currently or recently had investments in all of the following companies. It's retarded to believe they're wasting their time figuring out who to donate a couple of thousand dollars to every election cycle.

A far more fruitful hunt would be to look at the donation records of the current management of Liberty themselves. I predict there are no significant donations made from any of them.

Liberty's management are guilty of nothing more than being idiots - assuming they even knew. And let's be honest, the decision to hand up the details to the feds was probably made by some mid-level manager who just crapped his pants because some feeb threatened him with an obstruction of justice charge.
Can confirm from experience.

IMG_0185.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom