Lights

mtnsmith

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
70   0
Reaction score
I know nothing about lights that can be attached to weapons. However, I purchased a 'outlite' xml-t6 small tactical flashlight the past December for about $30 that is rated at 900 Lumens and it really sends out a light. However I am now seeing all these 'CREE xml-t6" lights advertised for from 8 bucks to 14 bucks rated at up to 3000 lumens. Are these lights suitable for attachment to weapons?

Amazon.com: outlite xml-t6

2200 Lumen Zoomable CREE XM L T6 LED 18650 26650 AAA Flashlight Torch Lamp Light | eBay

UltraFire CREE XML T6 LED Flashlight 5 Mode Zoomable Torch (Flashlight ONLY) - Basic Handheld Flashlights - Amazon.com

There is such a thing as "too bright" on a weapon-mounted or handheld "tactical" light.

I've done entries where my light splashed back from mirrors, pictures, even tile or bright white walls. You only need so much light for indoor use.

The type of lights you're looking at I would only consider for outdoor use, like for wooded area searches and the like.

There is such a thing as "too bright" on a weapon-mounted or handheld "tactical" light.

I've done entries where my light splashed back from mirrors, pictures, even tile or bright white walls. You only need so much light for indoor use.

The type of lights you're looking at I would only consider for outdoor use, like for wooded area searches and the like.
yes ..i learned this the hard way..had the damndest brightest see into the future light there is and all it done was blind me..splash back and the lost of site is unnerving when there is someone/something prowlling around..so yeah a "lite" light is best

The lights you are searching are generally decent, but more of a search and vehicle light as posted previously. There has been a lot of review of the lights you posted links on that state that they do not put out the lumen's advertised. Are you looking for a pistol or rifle mounted light?

If for pistol search for TRL's. I've been using them for 8yrs and have ZERO complaints. This one just popped up on a quick search. Metro Atlanta - FS/FT Black TRL-4

Back
Top Bottom