• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Litter from “hunters.”

Its sickening. I ride my dual sports through a lot of north GA public forests and it always pisses me off to see the lack of respect for the land with the trash and litter. I would not necessarily blame it just on hunters though.
I've ridden out west in Colorado and Utah quite a bit over the years and must admit, like @fastfish66 mentioned above, the users of those areas are much more respectful of their natural resources.

Its sickening. I ride my dual sports through a lot of north GA public forests and it always pisses me off to see the lack of respect for the land with the trash and litter. I would not necessarily blame it just on hunters though.
I've ridden out west in Colorado and Utah quite a bit over the years and must admit, like @fastfish66 mentioned above, the users of those areas are much more respectful of their natural resources.

I'll bet their littering fines are heavy also.

Quite possible but I feel that culture and up-bringing comes into play too.
If you see your parents being jack-offs, chances are....

That's for sure, 90% of the time it's Monkey see, Monkey do.

I just don't understand the mindset. There are people that litter their own property and yard.

If you can carry it into the woods full, then you should be able to carry it out empty.

Here in ga we have ass hats from all over that don't really consider this home so they don't mind adding to any trash they see in the woods or just tossing it out of convenience

I was at Westpoint WMA a few years back and someone had built a fire and left a couple of cases of empty beer cans at a camp site. Hope it wasn't hunters. I loaded them up and carried them out. Always try to leave with MORE than you bring is the best practice to keep our land clean. Some just don't care.

My father bought 17 acres of commercial land for dirt cheap. Because there was $20K worth of clean up on it. More tires, trash, scrap buried under kudzu it was ridiculous. The back 6 acres is condemned because they dumped so much mulch back there a structure can never be built on it. Don’t understand how someone can junk up land. Especially their own!

Back
Top Bottom