• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Living in Augusta

NGIB

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
68   0
Reaction score
Need some quick advice about Augusta. My SIL is transferring from Aberdeen to Ft Gordon very soon (civil service) and will need a place to live. My daughter, his wife, works at Ft Stewart with me so they'll be closer anyway.

A low crime area would be good as he'll be travelling most weekends. Based on Google searches, she is looking at Evans & Martinez right now.

Places to avoid?

I travel to Augusta for business a few times a month. From my experience you are on the right track. Evans and Martinez seem to be solid places to live. North East Augusta around the Evans to locks area seems particularly nice.

Last edited:
Hearing the same from everyone, thanks. What makes this a mess is finding a place with shorter term leases as we have no idea where they both will end up. My daughter could get a job on Gordon or he may get a job at Stewart in the coming months...

Hearing the same from everyone, thanks. What makes this a mess is finding a place with shorter term leases as we have no idea where they both will end up. My daughter could get a job on Gordon or he may get a job at Stewart in the coming months...

Grovetown area is pretty nice as well if she is looking for places that have a big yard and what not. Not too far from Ft. Gordon as well

Back
Top Bottom