Lone Wolf Barrel

tayninh69

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
4   0
Reaction score
Anyone with any experience, comments on ordering from Lone Wolf? I've had a 6.6 in threaded 10mm barrel ordered for awhile and they've extended the backorder date out till early October from August. Received the G21 Longslide .....ordered it 'cause they were in stock and supposedly the 10mm barrel will work in it also. Got all the parts for the slide and it's ready........do they just order the barrels when they get enough confirmed orders? Okay, so I'm whining.....pass me a little cheese. LOL

LW Longslide.jpg

No. As soon as the barrels become available to them they will fill all their backorders. Lonewolf is a good company to deal with. That is a nice slide you have there also. And yes if you ordered a 10mm conversion barrel it will work in the 21 slide. If you just ordered a standard 10mm barrel for a 20 or 29 slide then I don't think it will work. So to sum it up as long as you ordered a 45 to 10mm conversion barrel then yes it will work and you will get it when they get them.

Actually I don't know what I was thinking. Lone Wolf does not make a .45acp to 10mm conversion barrel. If you ordered just a 10mm barrel like for a G20 it won't work. The breech face of the .45 is much bigger. Last I knew KKM does make a conversion barrel though.

$175 bones from Storm Lake 6.02" stainless barrel (conversion .45 ACP to 10 mm).http://www.storm-lake.com/products/barrel#top

I've tried Storm Lake's 'build a barrel' thing and all I get is a 5.56 in barrel, longer isn't a choice? I need threaded for the brake/comp I've already received and enough length for the long slide. Using the barrel for a G20 has been done in the G21 longslide. Supposedly the slide supports the barrel (same diameter) although there is a small gap on both sides of the hood. It is functional according to someone using the same setup. I ordered the G21 LS as it was available at the time and the 10mm threaded barrel was supposed to be in stock within a couple of weeks. That turned into a couple of months.........

Storm Lake makes their barrels in house as far as I'm aware. Call/contact them it seems odd that they can't take the 6.02" barrel and thread it to your build specs. You Wolf barrel may be functional but a correctly fitted barrel (hood) does not have a large gap and I'd question the the reliablity of such a design and any changes to make it so (ejector/extractor).

5.56" is that a 6.02" barrel threaded and that is the distance of the start of threads? What is the measured distance from your breach to front of your slide?

StormLake
5900 Highway 321 N
Lenoir City,Tennessee 37771

U.S. Phone Numbers
Toll Free Orders: 866-392-1654
Technical Support: 865-988-8933
Fax: 865-271-9441
Contact Us by E-mail: support@storm-lake.com
Technical Support: sales@storm-lake.com

(for fastest response please try email first)

Breech face to end of slide is 5.91 in......LW barrel is 6.61 in......half inch of threading for the comp. SL is too short and threading bumped the price to 225.00, a hundred over the LW. Trying to save a little time has bitten me on the butt.:eek: Mostly I was trying to get an idea on the normal backorder time frame from LW. It was Aug 24, now it's Oct 5......and then?

If the 21 long slide with 20 barrel doesn't function well enough I'll order a G20 longslide and sell the G21LS. Although assured it will work, I share the concerns you mentioned. Time will tell.........appreciate your time with the advice and info on Storm Lake.
Ed

Breech face to end of slide is 5.91 in......LW barrel is 6.61 in......half inch of threading for the comp. SL is too short and threading bumped the price to 225.00, a hundred over the LW. Trying to save a little time has bitten me on the butt.:eek: Mostly I was trying to get an idea on the normal backorder time frame from LW. It was Aug 24, now it's Oct 5......and then?

If the 21 long slide with 20 barrel doesn't function well enough I'll order a G20 longslide and sell the G21LS. Although assured it will work, I share the concerns you mentioned. Time will tell.........appreciate your time with the advice and info on Storm Lake.
Ed

Keep me in mind for that slide.

Back
Top Bottom