• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Looking for a 22 target pistol

willh4053

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
im looking for a new 22 target pistol in the 250 range I would prefer a six inch barrel with adjustable sights a scope mounting rail would also be nice

Browning Buckmarks are usually around $300.00 for one that's in good shape.
I have 3 and love them all.

If I could find a used buckmark I would probably do that I'm looking for like a ruger 22/45 or a beretta neos somethjnf in that area I have a nice ruger mark 2 but I'm looking for something I won't feel to guilty about modifying heavily

High Standards aren't going to be easy or cheap to mount optics to.

For a $250 budget, I think a used 6" barreled Ruger MKIII (or 22/45, if they came with the long barrel option) is the best bet.
Ruger drilled and tapped those barrels at the factory and shipped them with a Weaver scope base.
The base was low-profile enough that you could still use the iron sights, if only the base was on the gun but no optics.

You may have to accept some wear, scratches, or some other flaw to get a 6" barreled Ruger for only $250. I think a good condition one would be selling for more.

As you probably know, Ruger MK III triggers are heavy, and could use a "trigger job" from a gunsmith or d0-it-yourself kit.

If I could find a used buckmark I would probably do that I'm looking for like a ruger 22/45 or a beretta neos somethjnf in that area I have a nice ruger mark 2 but I'm looking for something I won't feel to guilty about modifying heavily
be careful takign apart a ruger 22/45 or a ruger mark, They'll come apart fine but you be taking them to a smith to have them out back together unless you have tons of time and follow the directions perfectly

be careful takign apart a ruger 22/45 or a ruger mark, They'll come apart fine but you be taking them to a smith to have them out back together unless you have tons of time and follow the directions perfectly

I would seriously consider a S&W Victory 22. The Ga Gun Store in Gainesville has them For $312'ish. V-22's with muzzle threads are $30 more if my memory is correct? They are stainless steel 10 shot semi-autos with 2 10 round mags, adjustable green fiber type tubing sights. and a sweet crisp trigger pull. The only issue I have is the smallish handle/grip. It shoots so well that it will make you forget about the grip issue. Rugers are nice, but you owe it to yourself to check out the new Victory 22. Enjoy!!

Back
Top Bottom