Looking for a beach near Duluth/Sugar Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyhuey

Default rank <1500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
187   0
Reaction score
All- moved to the Duluth side of town from Acworth and looking to take 2 year old son to the beach/water. Any suggestions on this side of 85, 985 or towards Alpharetta, John's Creek or Cumming?

Thanks gang

Whatever you do be safe. Do not take your eyes off your son for even a split second. Make him wear an actual life vest and not floaties. There is nothing scarier than having to revive a kid, trust me.

Welcome to my side of town. I'm in Duluth. I don't frequent Lake Lanier too often because of the crowds and "interesting clientele" that frequent the place on the weekends during the summer. I imagine it might be a little better in Gainesville on the beaches there. Not sure, however.

Welcome to the area, Gwinnett county has some great aquatic centers my wife has used. There's one on PIB just north of Berkley lake and another one in Lawrenceville on Collins hill. Check the parks & rec website for info.

Beaches on Lanier are a little sparse at the moment. The water needs to drop a few feet to make more room on most of the beaches. Visiting the lake during the week is definitely recommended. Full of drunks and idiots on the weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom