Looking for a new Turkey vest....

mhayes

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
43   0
Reaction score
Ok, Have any of you guys bought a new hunting vest lately? I am lost at looking at all the "gadgets" that are out there. I need a good fitting vest that is comfortable, useful for holding 2 slate calls, 4 strikers, 1 box call, a couple of locator calls and a water bottle. Lets not forget a good comfortable seat for the longer sits. what's with all the 20 + pockets and tactical vest out there? Are they really that useful? Unfortunately where i live there are not a lot of stores that i can run to and look at different models. Short of ordering one from the net. The one i have now the seat fell apart last season and the zippers are messed up. Had it for over 20 years. Got a few questions for those of you that have bought one in the last few years...

What do you guys use? What do you like about it? Are the built in seats frames really that helpful or is it just added weight? Which ones are the most comfortable? Don't forget practical?

Thanks in advance for all the info.

Matt

I'm considering the Cabelas minimalist vest for this year. My vest is about 15+ years old but I hunt about 2/3 of the available days during the season, so the wear mine has seen is excessive.

Back
Top Bottom