• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Looking for input on a Coleman Westlake popup camper

Cadcom

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
506   0
Reaction score
Looking for any input on 2000 model Coleman popup camper. Curious as to the value of one in good condition but has some cracks in the fiberglass top. Good, bad or ugly campers?

Looking for any input on 2000 model Coleman popup camper. Curious as to the value of one in good condition but has some cracks in the fiberglass top. Good, bad or ugly campers?
I had a 2000 Coleman sun ridge. It had the top. The top is NOT fiberglass. I don't care what the seller tells you it is PVC plastic. It is a one piece top and Coleman lost a fortune because of these tops. Trust me I know first hand. Those tops have not been made in 10 years and nobody will try to repair it. I had people tell me this and that would seal it. Nothing but one thing worked. The camper dealers sell a white rubber roofing repair that comes in 25 ft length and 6 inch width. You cut it to length. The top must be clean before putting the repair rubber on it. It is white in color and it has a very sticky thick rubbery ( looks like tar) sealant on the bottom side. Roll it out while pulling the paper off the sealant as you go. Roll it out with a rolling pin and overlap each one about 1inch. This is the only thing I found that worked. And it worked well. The repair rolls cost around $22.00 each. I covered my whole roof with 13 rolls I think it was. Good luck. Check the inside walls all around for signs of water damage. We paid $2,000 for ours in 2008. It had a slide out. We sold it for 2,500 in 2012. But we did a whole lot to it.

Last edited:
I had a 2000 Coleman sun ridge. It had the top. The top is NOT fiberglass. I don't care what the seller tells you it is PVC plastic. It is a one piece top and Coleman lost a fortune because of these tops. Trust me I know first hand. Those tops have not been made in 10 years and nobody will try to repair it. I had people tell me this and that would seal it. Nothing but one thing worked. The camper dealers sell a white rubber roofing repair that comes in 25 ft length and 6 inch width. You cut it to length. The top must be clean before putting the repair rubber on it. It is white in color and it has a very sticky thick rubbery ( looks like tar) sealant on the bottom side. Roll it out while pulling the paper off the sealant as you go. Roll it out with a rolling pin and overlap each one about 1inch. This is the only thing I found that worked. And it worked well. The repair rolls cost around $22.00 each. I covered my whole roof with 13 rolls I think it was. Good luck. Check the inside walls all around for signs of water damage. We paid $2,000 for ours in 2008. It had a slide out. We sold it for 2,500 in 2012. But we did a whole lot to it.

Thanks Lobo. I already shied away from this one. looks like the top is a real problem with these things.

Yessir they are. You played it smart. My wife and i didn't fair so well. We regretted buying that camper and spent a small fortune on it. Everything was fine and in great shape except the top and we didn't know what we were getting into with it.

Back
Top Bottom