LWRC 6.8 UCIW & Sportsman suppressor review

Griffin Armament

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
0   0
Reaction score

The LWRC 8" 6.8 (courtesy of Modern Outfitters- the largest LWRC dealer in the US) is brutal to suppressors, a lot like running a 12" .308. This test is a test that two major brand name suppressors failed pretty miserably. We put two cans through the test back to back and they passed in serviceable condition with baffle erosion that suggested they could probably run this abusive fire schedule 5-10 more times which would be a relatively short suppressor lifespan, but not when compared to 120-150 rounds like the competitors. This is the video of the second of the pair. We don't recommend abusing products, but we thought passing a previously un-passable test was worth posting. An LWRC sales rep was present for and witnessed the test so you don't have to take our word for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a 6.8 and not that I plan to run it much with a suppressor on it (and it's currently a 16" barrel) , nor full auto, but mind if i ask what the other cans were? Sdn6? my plan is to get a 30 can and use it for 556, 6.8 and 300.

AAC SDN6 and Surefire 762K. The 16" barrel should be no problem for either. The 8" barrel and the 200 rounds in 3 minutes is why this test is horribly harsh. The can has to basically serve as part of the barrel as that's pretty much peak pressure at 8".

Back
Top Bottom