M&G this Sunday 3/13 from 9am - 12pm, Newnan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to try to make it. My first for here.

We do sponsor the "Mainstreet Newnan" organization and are the top commercial sponsor with donations for promoting that downtown area. We will also be at the Taste of Newnan, and next month we will be providing the free popcorn and drinks at the "Screen on the Green" free movie at the downtown park.

Hopefully I can come down and meet a few of you fellas.

We do sponsor the "Mainstreet Newnan" organization and are the top commercial sponsor with donations for promoting that downtown area. We will also be at the Taste of Newnan, and next month we will be providing the free popcorn and drinks at the "Screen on the Green" free movie at the downtown park.

I've seen downtown Newnan and Coweta County go through some serious changes since I was a little kid. I remember when Newnan was a REAL small town, going to see movies at the Alamo on Saturday afternoons for a quarter and being able to ride my bicycle all over the place and not have to worry about getting run over by a car. I spent every weekend and summer here with my Grandparents till I moved here in 78. My Granddad is probably dizzy as hell from all the rolling over in his grave, if he was still alive he would have already taken his shotgun and shot up the bars on the Court Square and run off the owners. Pop would have been 110 years old if he was still here, he was the true definition of "Old School." Lol.

I've seen downtown Newnan and Coweta County go through some serious changes since I was a little kid. I remember when Newnan was a REAL small town, going to see movies at the Alamo on Saturday afternoons for a quarter and being able to ride my bicycle all over the place and not have to worry about getting run over by a car. I spent every weekend and summer here with my Grandparents till I moved here in 78. My Granddad is probably dizzy as hell from all the rolling over in his grave, if he was still alive he would have already taken his shotgun and shot up the bars on the Court Square and run off the owners. Pop would have been 110 years old if he was still here, he was the true definition of "Old School." Lol.

OLD FART... LOL

I've been here since '72 (both alive and in Newnan); so I know what you mean. Our little road used to be dirt (daddy remembers that).

OLD FART... LOL

I've been here since '72 (both alive and in Newnan); so I know what you mean. Our little road used to be dirt (daddy remembers that).
Lol. I wear the Old Fart badge proudly. I knew Miss Hazel too, hope I spelled her name right. She ran that courthouse back in the day. I even knew Lamar Potts when he was the Sheriff, my Uncle Buford was the Chief Juvenile Officer too. When I moved here in 78 nearly everybody I met had either been arrested or taken home to momma & daddy by him. Crap, that don't say much for the crowd I was running with in those days does it? Lol

Lol. I wear the Old Fart badge proudly. I knew Miss Hazel too, hope I spelled her name right. She ran that courthouse back in the day. I even knew Lamar Potts when he was the Sheriff, my Uncle Buford was the Chief Juvenile Officer too. When I moved here in 78 nearly everybody I met had either been arrested or taken home to momma & daddy by him. Crap, that don't say much for the crowd I was running with in those days does it? Lol

Yep, when everyone else got taken to grandma's so that mama and daddy could go shopping, I got taken to the jail to sit w/ GranHazel. And, I remember Uncle Buford well.

Cool looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom