• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

M1 experts: Value on this '43 SA M1?

canoecanoe

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
118   0
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a credible value on this '43 M1?

The stock has no marks that I can find. It has a patina that shows age.
No import makes that I can find.
Wilson barrel that measures about .625 for ME.

TW unknown.

SA op rod.
SA trigger housing.
SA hammer.
SA safety

WRA bolt.
WRA follower.

All parts listed are period correct for a '43 (except for the op rod which is unknown).

Can anyone give me a ballpark value on this?

Sorry, but this is the only pic I currently have.

M1 Garand.jpg

Some Google Fu. ---From the CMP boards. Not me.

It could be a Citadel. If late, the finish will be "charcoal", nearly black, and the gas cylinder "flats" and shank polished bright. If early, it is all medium gray phosphate. What one has to avoid with the early ones is the rejects that one dealer in Arizona peddled.

If Wilson, most were not marked, but many were. If stainless and GI SHAPE it is probably a Wilson. Wilson's carbons steel GI pattern were frequently not marked or finished. To my knowledge, all their heavies WERE marked. I handled quite a few, and I do not clearly recall, anyway, a .308 carbon steel which was not caliber noted, fairly heavily stamped, obviously on a rotary fixture.

The .308 caliber marking on Citadels (or the ones I marked "30" above the chamber myself), and some other oddments, were applied by DEALERS, only very rarely by Citadel themselves.

Many machined/turned Garand barrels are out there on blanks all the way from Swiss m.g. blanks to high dollar U.S. commercial "bull" barrels that 'smiths, or early one, Marine Corps accuracy personnel, did. Most of the military-executed stuff carries some kind of marking, if only "NM" in the usual place.

Value is dependent upon forum / market. Replacement barrel degrades collector value but makes it attractive to a "shooter".
Hows lock up on stock? If disassembled , when you place action into stock and lock in TG how tight isit?
No cartouches means stock is just a stock.

$750-$950 again dependent upon buyer purpose. IMO.

Back
Top Bottom