• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

M1917 traded back into one.

bulletpaluza

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
263   0
Reaction score
I got the scrubbed one that was posted the other day.(the scrubbed ones have some pretty cool history behind them) I sold my Remington 1917 and missed it ever since, so I hit up the old owner of this one with a wild trade idea and he took it. Just bragging I won't say what the trade was but we are both happy and it required no cash. Anyway I searched the whole rifle over for any hints as to what make it was and found a small E on one barrel band and a small E on the rear sight so it looks as though Eddystone was the manufacturer. I scored on this one and it came with a cool re-pop sling that I didn't know I was getting.

Look how small the 1917 looks compared to the Carcano that was built in 1873.
Anyone else into pre-1899 military self contained cartridge rifles? Just asking while the Carcano is present I know it's off topic.
20161212_185511.jpg

oo
I got the scrubbed one that was posted the other day. I sold my Remington 1917 and missed it ever since so I hit up the old owner with a wild trade idea and he took it. Just bragging I won't say what the trade was but we are both happy and it required no cash. Anyway I searched the whole rifle over for any hints as to what make it was and found a small E on one barrel band and a small E on the rear sight so it looks as though Eddystone was the manufacturer. I scored on this one and it came with a cool re-pop sling that I didn't know I was getting.

Look how small the 1917 looks compared to the Carcano that was built in 1873.
Anyone else into pre-1899 military self contained cartridge rifles? Just asking while the Carcano is present I know it's off topic.
View attachment 994498

Would an 1888 Trapdoor qualify?

Trap door1.jpg
Trap door2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom