• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Macon, Ga

I've never really lived in Macon but now that the county and the city have been merged...I guess I technically do. Can't wait to get out.
Yeah see two terms of Mayor Jack Ellis along with help from the over staffed and corrupt city council were more than enough to break the City of Macon. So around 11 or 12 the City basically needed a bailout from the county. All the property tax payers from Macon had long since moved out to Houston,Jones or Monroe Co. Al that was/is left is empty apartment complexes and section 8 projects. AKA "Tax Consumers" not Tax PAYERS. So they decided to go round up all the folks out in Bibb Co that were minding their own bidness and wanted nothing to do with the City. Well...too bad. Because without those tax payers they would've had to turn the lights out on Macon a while back.
Meanwhile... since all that the combined gubment STILL cannot keep basic needs met like busses and public libraries. It's a damn shame but that's Macon.

If you are looking for a place to stay, look no further than: Park Slope Apartments at 4406 Chambers Road.

If you are looking for a place to stay, look no further than: Park Slope Apartments at 4406 Chambers Road.
Nope nope nope... My parents used to live on Pinefield Dr. which runs between Chambers Rd at the lower end and Nisbet Drive at the top end. ALL that area is a no go zone these days. Lots and lots of Rent&Roll customers and Stacey Abrams voters around there now.

Back
Top Bottom